Author Topic: TV Mount : Ross & adjusting screw  (Read 354 times)

Offline Dolby

TV Mount : Ross & adjusting screw
« on: May 14, 2018, 06:32:01 AM »
Does anyone have this brand ?

https://www.game.co.za/game-za/en/All-Game-Categories/Electronics-%26-Entertainment/Television-%26-Satellite/TV-Accessories/%2750%27%27-85%27%27-Tilt-LCD-Wall-Mount%27/p/00575524

So I bought this and it seems the bubble level isn't 100%. So, mounting my 60% means 1 side is 1.5cm lower ... quite noticeable. I've been trying to see how to fix and I believe some mounts have an adjustment screw at the back, that could change by 1 or 2cm. I live alone and can't take this off the wall - but wondering if anyone else here has one and if it had the screw?

Offline Dolby

Re: TV Mount : Ross & adjusting screw
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 04:20:42 PM »
Ah I need to remount ... damn

Offline Ju_dy@RT

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 04:26:36 PM »
yeahhh these spirit levels are a joke.

Before you do though, have you tried to add a spacer on the lip of one of the sides? (the part that is stuck on the wall)  like a few layers of insolation tape? If the two hooks are not far apart, you might only need 1mm or 2.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 04:32:21 PM by Ju_dy@RT »

Offline Dolby

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 08:01:18 AM »
yeahhh these spirit levels are a joke.

Before you do though, have you tried to add a spacer on the lip of one of the sides? (the part that is stuck on the wall)  like a few layers of insolation tape? If the two hooks are not far apart, you might only need 1mm or 2.

I'm definitely going to look at that route !

Offline Dolby

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 06:43:34 PM »
Ok - I think the only way is remounting.

Another problem is the below :

The mount was originally on the wall before the panels. He removed the mount, put the panels and placed the mount back - but not exactly the same place, around 20cm to the right. Now that's it skew, the obvious thing would be to simply take out and remount straight ... but I'm concerned about the original holes lurking.

Is there a quality mount with the screws far apart that I can purchase to remount with, which lessens this chance ?
Or something I'm not thinking about ?

I think the red is the original holes - but no one knows !

« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 06:53:33 PM by Dolby »

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 08:28:02 PM »
Fill the holes with tinted grout?
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Offline Dolby

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 08:48:57 PM »
Fill the holes with tinted grout?
I'm not worried about the looks. I'm worried about taking this mount off, and mountings too close to the original holes ... So the holes break through each other.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 09:18:13 AM »
Then the solution is to make the hole where you want it, allowing the hole to break through, then fill it with Polyfilla Rockset and push in a plastic insert for a coach bolt.  While the filler is still soft, you can move it to the correct location and, using a tamping tool, compact the filler around it.  Fiddly but it works, have done that for people who apply a drill to the wall with one eye shut and wonder what went wrong
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Offline Tzs503gp

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • HiFi- trust your ears- eyes lie
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 04:35:40 PM »
Ok - I think the only way is remounting.

Another problem is the below :

The mount was originally on the wall before the panels. He removed the mount, put the panels and placed the mount back - but not exactly the same place, around 20cm to the right. Now that's it skew, the obvious thing would be to simply take out and remount straight ... but I'm concerned about the original holes lurking.

Is there a quality mount with the screws far apart that I can purchase to remount with, which lessens this chance ?
Or something I'm not thinking about ?

I think the red is the original holes - but no one knows !

I’m sorry bud, but that lap/ interlock looks terrible. I wouldn’t accept workmanship like that.

Here’s what I would do- considering I have the equipment. Using a multimaster oscillator, I would cut vertical slots over the current bad holes, through the Rockwood, about 75 to 100 mm tall, and as wide as the next part requires. I would go to builders or wherever, and get a piece of square timber, about 30 x 30 x length ( you only need 150 -200 mm depending on your choice of slot length) cut the timber to length, drill two holes about 15 mm from the ends, and centre.

Use the 4 holes to mount the timber to the wall. Now you have a timber ground to which you can attach the bracket, and some room for adjustment.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 04:55:22 PM by Tzs503gp »

Offline Dolby

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2018, 08:31:46 PM »
That's during the install - I was trying to specifically find a photo with the mount exposed to post.

The below is the finished and unless you look real, real hard - you're not going to see panels. So the two issues I have are :

a) The TV is skew - 1.5-2.0 cm lower on the one side, which is fairly visible
b) The cables - he recommended trunking painted the same color as the wall, as that is what they usually do. I asked him to try something different, but it's not working fully (you'll see it sticks out slightly). But that's because of the 6 cables running through!  He gave me trunking, so I may just bow down and do it that way - or get get a newer TV shortly with One Connect

I actually think the job was very well done. That wall has the fibre , network cable, ADSL, plugs etc which he hid perfectly and made flush. I recommend him for sure - my demands were just fairly high ;)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 08:36:03 PM by Dolby »