project debut carbon?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crasher

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi

looking for a little bit of help and advice.

My current turntable is quite an old Kenwood which I have on a old Kenwood system in another room.

I have recently upgraded my surround sound and amp etc in my main room and originally thought to just steal the Kenwood TT and move it to this room.

I have since scrapped that idea and would like to keep the Kenwwod set up as it is and get a better turntable for my main room (budget of 6K)

I would run in through my Yamaha RXV 683 which has a dedicated phono input for a TT. the speakers are the bentley FS 150's .

I like the look of the Project debut carbon TT and they seem to get good reviews.
I really dont know enough about all the options etc so am relying on the wealth of knowlege here to help.

I may be across in the Uk soon so would have an opportunity to pick one up there for a resonable price.

The project debut carbon 2m red is about 5800 rand at the moment or I could push my original budget a bit and get the Esprit SB version for about 7800 rand.

Is the Esprit worth the extra 2k ?

Am I on the right track with these and do you you think they will pair up ok with the amp and speakers.

If not any suggestions on what else I should be looking at?

Any advice would be really appreciated

Forgot to mention a dust cover was a must for the TT

Thanks

Latest posts