The legendary stuff

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ingvar Ahlberg

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
A bit affiliated to "the idiot thread" but not wanting to ruin that this is thought to be about those realy legendary things You might have heard, owned or heard about and opinions and questions regarding this stuff.

Starting with a very special loudspeaker that i have heard, not owned or used at home but had for sale in my shop some 40 years ago.

The Beveridge model 2.

An utterly amazing full range electrostatic that was housed in a cabinet two meters tall and about 60cm wide, 40cm deep. Used placing the two speakers facing each other with their backs towards side walls, the electrostatic drivers, driven by the built in, ca 1500W tube amp, fired through an " coustical lens" producing a cylindrical wave, sort of a line source but wider dispersion.

I listened a lot to these and what they did good was out of this world, maybee better than anything i have ever heard, playing to loud and music that was bass rich caused problems, to make the cabinets movable they were built of 10cm very light plywood, not high quality birch or similar.

This resulted in severe resonances from the cabinet playing rock?n roll loud but when used for what they excelled at, acoustic music, small or large scale, a magnificent experience.

Some (biased) info available here:

http://bevaudio.com/products.html#Model_2

Ingvar

Latest posts