People that advertise stuff and then do not communicate at all

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolla

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Hi y?all,

my pet peave is when people advertise stuff to sell on say for eg Gumtree and then when I reply to their ad, or phone them, or Whatsapp them, or sms them - I simply don?t get a reply. WTF?

and these are long time Gumtree users, some of them dating back to April 2008 which was the 1st month one could register as a user.

Whats wrong with people?!

I dont ask the normal: ?Is it still available?? without a name and telephone number. (BTW, those people I never hear from either after I reply: ?Yes, it is still available?.)
I announce myself and say that I would like to purchase the item, where I?m located and my full contact details. Nothing. Its like I dont exist. Again, WTF?!

Do we as South Africans have so little respect for others, or are we so demoralized, selfish, angry or whatever, that these people simply don't care about anyone else and even the most basic manners and common courtesy.

No man this is BS! If your ad is still active, then communicate why-dont-you.

Maybe we should start a sticky to name and shame people that do this kind of thing.

I tell you, 9 out of 10 items which I have every intension in buying, I simply do not get any response from the seller. Am I the only one that this happens to? Dont these people really want to sell? I simply dont understand it. Am I the only one feeling this way?

I?m starting right now with these 3, which I have responded to several times and just no comms at all.

r2ndbs.jpg

Same guy:
ehm0d1.jpg

vra2hd.jpg

286zk1s.jpg

Latest posts