Author Topic: Benchmark unveils THX headphone amp  (Read 473 times)

Offline fredeb

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 03:36:29 PM by fredeb »
...evolution is the gradual development and stratification of progressive series of wholes, stretching from the inorganic beginnings to the highest level of spiritual creation.
Jan Smuts

Offline Nidri

Re: Benchmark unveils THX headphone amp
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 04:34:44 PM »
Also appears to be quite a preamp.
Whilst Nidri takes reasonable care to ensure that the information in this message is correct and up to date, this might not always be the case. Nidri does not give any warranties as to the accuracy and safety of any information appearing in this message.

Offline fredeb

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 05:41:19 PM »
The headphone amp will drive 16ohms @ 6watt - enough to drive super high efficiency speakers !   :drool:

Not to mention 135dB A-weighted noise-floor . Like your background pitch black ?
...evolution is the gradual development and stratification of progressive series of wholes, stretching from the inorganic beginnings to the highest level of spiritual creation.
Jan Smuts

Offline LouisF

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 07:52:05 PM »
Just the thing for the Sennheiser 820's, what?
"No matter how educated, talented, rich or cool you believe you are,
how you treat people ultimately tells all."
David Avocado Wolfe

I have learned more from people who have differed from me than from those who have agreed with me.

Offline fredeb

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 09:51:32 PM »
... and this to complete the picture .

Jan Smuts

Offline capetownwatches

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 02:24:25 PM »
Much anticipation surrounds the HPA4 - it will have to be spectacular to satisfy the ravening hordes.
And at the price it should be... :thinking:

Kingrex HQ1=Audio-gd NFB11.32=Little Dot Mkll=SRM252S=Benchmark DAC1 USB=RL Concero
LCD2F=HD600=SR207=DT990Pro=K612Pro=K240S=K171Mkll=M4U2=Y50