Author Topic: Sennheiser To Present HD 820 Headphones at High End 2018  (Read 388 times)

Online Michon

Tidal HiFi > MOTU 828x > Speaker build pending.
                                   > Schiit Lyr > Sennheiser HD600 & HD800.

Online Michon

Re: Sennheiser To Present HD 820 Headphones at High End 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 01:51:42 PM »

Offline Audio

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 04:46:03 AM »
I can't wait for these to come out and hear everyone's audio impressions of them. I currently have a pair of Senn HD800S and i absolutely love them. The high end and treble really shine  and the clarity is unparalleled to any other headphone my ears have heard. The only issue i have with them is the low end is somewhat lacking, but this is of course to be expected to some degree due to the open back nature of the design. Maybe these will be a nice alternative in hopes of trying to chase after more of that sub bass while still holding onto the essence of the HD800 that has made it so special.

Offline Raul Don

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 08:46:47 PM »
my first audiophile headphone was the sennheiser hd 595s. wow. such a day/night difference from the bose i was listening to (which at the time was a major upgrade to the cheap Phillips headphones i had. haha)
then a few years later (& lots of research), i went all out!
i purchased the HD 800/Headroom Ultra Desktop Amp/Headroom Desktop Power Supply & it was sonic nirvana.

the newer hd800S cleans up that treble peak that some ppl were very sensitive too.

Alas, its been a couple years since i listened to my above rig. work & life hav taken over & i haven't been able to embrace my audiophile side sadly. it's kinda slipped away.

[EDIT]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 09:01:48 PM by Curlycat »

Offline Dhiveshan

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 04:57:20 PM »
Anyone else surprised that these turned out to be closed-back?

Online Michon

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 05:02:03 PM »
The first time I heard about them was this article and it states that they are closed back, so there wasn't any surprise for me.

The only issue i have with them is the low end is somewhat lacking, but this is of course to be expected to some degree due to the open back nature of the design.

Give Sonarworks DSP a try. They have free 30 day trial. This may take the low end response to a place that you enjoy more.

i purchased the HD 800/Headroom Ultra Desktop Amp/Headroom Desktop Power Supply & it was sonic nirvana.

Alas, its been a couple years since i listened to my above rig. work & life hav taken over & i haven't been able to embrace my audiophile side sadly. it's kinda slipped away.

I think it's worth keeping for when you have time again though.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 05:04:35 PM by Michon »