Author Topic: Dokorder, tape has something on it  (Read 321 times)

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
Dokorder, tape has something on it
« on: April 29, 2018, 01:07:01 PM »
So, a good few months ago I bought the Dokorder from Stanhic which featured on the Vintage kit pics (second page from the latest).  It’s more a ‘showpiece’ that it’s nice to have but I finally got around to getting batteries for it.  I didn’t expect the tape to have anything on it but it does.  First up is what sounds like a man reading either a book or a long form poem.  Then a break followed by a man interviewing a child with some background music (organ followed by what sounds like a bit of brass band).  All in Afrikaans so I’ll see if a friend can break it down a bit for me but either way, an interesting blast potentially from the past.
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
Re: Dokorder, tape has something on it
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 01:34:34 PM »
Make sure its not something recorded in Parliament.  An excited friend brought me a cassette years ago, two Afrikaans gentleman speaking.  My Afrikaans is poor so my brother in law listened to it.  It was some minister, in the 1980s, droning on about the development of harbour facilities in Natal
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 01:59:31 PM »
The first part may be such a thing, the second sounds like it is an interview for a local newspaper.  The child seems to be called Dawie and likes sport but sounds too young to be being interviewed about winning a sports event, maybe something church related (it’s a church organ in the background at first I think), just interesting to hear something probably recorded 40 years ago (if not more)
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline stanhic

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 12:10:04 PM »
Glad it is still working.  :clap: