The best headphones your R300 can buy!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaganMcLoud

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
My Sennheiser CX300 II in-ear phones' right driver finally "gave in" last night, and after less than a year of use.  :whip:  Not such a big loss because I've been wanting to step on them and crush them under the weight of my shoe for a while now.  Anyway, I needed some new phones, and I needed 'em fast.  Since this was totally unexpected, I had practically NO BUDGET to work with, but with a twinkle in my eye I set off to the closest mall to get some cheap "temporary" headphones, just to "get by" until I could go for some serious over-ears.  I wasn't willing to spend more than R500 on these "stand-in" phones.  Just needed something to complete a mixing project Ive been working on. 

As you can imagine R500 does not buy u much phone... well, this is what "I" thought,  UNTIL i tried the no-name AUDIONIC MAX50.  Jeezes Cripes people!  These are seriously flippin' excellent for the small money. 

Now, I know u think I have very little experience with head-fi, and you'd be right, but let me tell you... these Audionics destroy both the Sennheiser CX 300's and even their much-praised HD201's.  I am amazed at how "open" they sound.  Perhaps not the most detailed set of phones, but they are undoubtedly better than ANYTHING ive placed into, or over, these ears.  The music is warm and emotionally engaging.  Bass is far better, and less fake-sounding than the HD201 but still not as good as bass u can "feel" from real speakers. These sounded good no matter WHAT I threw at it. 

I'm a little excited and when I feel this way i often say things "in the moment" that I regret later, but I'm gonna say it anyway....

These phones...  :whip:
sound SO GOOD......  :whip:  :whip:
I may never go back to speakers.    :whip: :whip: :whip:

1e0yly.jpg

Build quality is OKAY.  Phones have a comfortable weight, and don't "feel" cheap.
These are ON-EAR (open-back) design. 
Yes, she may be "cheap" but what can I say?  Im in love with her.

Latest posts