broken onkyo 805 receiver

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razr

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I have my onkyo 805 its had the usual trouble with the hdmi board and I was using the optical ins for the last few years

now it has a new issue I was using it one night and there was a funny smell and sound on the sub like a buzzing so I put the sub amp off a Europower( I thought the Europower was at fault) , and the buzzing went away ,so I continued to watch tv for an hour or 2

then the next day I put it on and its got a smell quite strong and it has no sound at all

I tried the pre outs and same no sound and analog in and out, the radio also has no sound and the headphone port

there is kind of a sound if you turn it way up its like a bzzt bzzt with the music , I notice this testing the headphones and I think the speakers have it aswell

before this it has a problem for the last 2 years if you use the amp turn it off , then on again in say 20 min to an hour the left front wouldn't work, so I give the amp a few bangs on its side and it would work again , so I just used to leave it on if I wanted to use it soonish or spank it for being naughty

I love this thing to bits its a power house and I've had it for many years so id like to repair it , I am in Durban , if you know anybody locally that can help

if not I dont mind couriering it to some one who is very good and won't say you need a new board , but fix the components that may be faulty on a board

so who can get my baby up and running again  :vsad: