I stumbled across this - wifi related

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drifter

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Good day everyone

I thought I would post this here with the slim chance of it maybe helping someone.

I've always battled with the wifi streaming between my iMac running Roon and my Devialet 220PRO CI. It would play a bit and after a while start stumbling. I have done everything from disabling DHCP to buying and trying new routers but it was always a bit of a hit and miss affair.
Recently I bought an Epson LS3050 printer with the idea of setting it up as a wifi and AirPrint printer. I battled for about 6 weeks on and off and just could not get my iMac to "see" the printer. I searched far and wide and even had Epson's technical support online but they also could not figure it out.

After reading many online help forums I discovered a wifi printing issue with a router setting called Privacy Separator. It is a setting on a router to prevent devices on a LAN to connect with one another, mostly as a security measure. People are advised to disable this setting if they have wifi printing problems. I have an Asus router and does not have this setting. Narrowing down my search around Privacy Setting issues, I stumbled across this post though specifcally for my model Asus router :

http://www.seriouslytrivial.com/2017/11/...-solution/

Disabling the "airtime fairness" option under the wifi config immediately solved my printing woes, not just that but the first time after changing the setting that I attempted to stream to my Devialet, I was greeted by a slick, glitch free Devialet. What I pleasure.

It seems as if the setting is suppose to allow equal wifi airtime to all devices on a wifi LAN. If one device then sends and receives too much data, the router will start throttling that device. This then leads to the Devialet (which is obviously asking for a constant stream of data from the router) being throttled and this causes drop outs.

Problem is now sorted out  :clap: