Two sub woofers to tame low frequency problems?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ger

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need some advice on how two utilize two sub woofers in a front and back configuration in a narrow room with challenges - There is an arch 1/3 into the room from where the TV and AV rack is positioned, from there, the next section of the room has a higher ceiling and contains the couches etc.

The problem:

After running ARC, the lower frequencies are perfect in the room, but thunderous in other parts of the house - a real problem for late night listening.

Is it possible to tame the low frequency problems in the other areas, by adding an additional sub in the back of the room and running it out or in phase to the front sub?

Will using two sub's allow for lowering the overall volume / gain of the sub's and still maintain the same effect in the room, as using a single sub? I prefer the lower frequencies to just underpin the sound stage and ARC does it well. 

At this stage, room treatment is not an option as there are future renovations and a change in layout on the cards. I have a second sub available and would appreciate any advice before experimenting.

Regards,
Gerhardus 

Latest posts