Author Topic: Daan Jacobs Reference 1 restore - Advice wanted please  (Read 1553 times)

Offline GECO

Re: Daan Jacobs Reference 1 restore - Advice wanted please
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2018, 04:05:09 PM »
Im not going to read everything so if i missed something sorry, here is my 2c. So many things i would do differently here. First;y chip board :BWAHAHAH: i would change that to mdf or ply. Then i would recess the drivers and angle the back for better flow for the driver, do better bracing also. Would also play with dog blanket instead of think pink. Just my  :2c:

nothing wrong with this chipboard construction and the think pink in these speakers.

Offline HBAutomation

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2018, 04:32:24 PM »
Im not going to read everything so if i missed something sorry, here is my 2c. So many things i would do differently here. First;y chip board :BWAHAHAH: i would change that to mdf or ply. Then i would recess the drivers and angle the back for better flow for the driver, do better bracing also. Would also play with dog blanket instead of think pink. Just my  :2c:
Good quality chipboard was the norm back then! These days its hard to find.
When You Come to a Fork in the Road, Take It!            [Yogi Berra]

Offline King_Julian_S

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2018, 05:48:08 PM »
These days its hard to find.

Aaaah ... wanted to try
Non audiophile music lover...

Offline bbe22

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2018, 08:07:28 PM »
hard to find
One way  out is to get the current weetbix and cover with / add  4 or 6mm MDF  each side  to get a nice and very usable sandwich ( 24-28 mm)