Author Topic: The Diablo 120: Gryphons smallest integrated reviewed by SoundStage Australia  (Read 1334 times)

Offline preamplified

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • www.13direct.co.za
    • 13 Direct
The Diablo 120 is the smallest amplifier from Gryphon Audio, but dont let that fool you! This integrated offers 120w per channel in a dual mono configuration with zero feedback. Perfect for a compact high end audio system, we feel that despite the 120w it offers, it truly stands above the competition, an assertion shared by SoundStage Australia. Check the review, and some videos below.

https://www.soundstageaustralia.com/index.php/reviews/131-gryphon-audio-designs-diablo-120-integrated-amplifier

https://youtu.be/FGcPSna6bjE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8jI-LxStqc

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+58)
A really beautiful amplifier....such a shame the writer does so poorly.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 05:33:19 AM by Kent Kassler »
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
"Carpenter’s perfect intonation and beautiful tone, Gordon’s hypnotically sexy drone, Belafonte’s expressively clear accentuations and Francis’ wild angst-ridden growls were all handled with accuracy and startling verisimilitude."

Crikey.....what on earth is this guy talking about?..is this an amplifier or a sheep tied to a tree?..any idea chaps?
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
....and then he randomly mentions some homeless cage fighter  named Brian doing sexual stuff.....this is downright wrong!

"Spectacular power and transient attack was demonstrated via Brian Bromberg’s “Come Together” from his Wood

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
Can we sit back and allow this weirdness to go unchecked?

"Going back into the not too distant past, it used to be that the tonal/timbrel and harmonic qualities of acoustic instruments, done right, were the exclusive domain of good valve amplification. Solid state amplifiers gave you control, punch and dynamics but, barring pure Class-A designs, were thought to congest complex music while bestowing a subtle, yet potentially obtrusive, brilliance to timbres of traditional instruments. This is no more, my friends."

Offline Trompie67

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
Can we sit back and allow this weirdness to go unchecked?

"Going back into the not too distant past, it used to be that the tonal/timbrel and harmonic qualities of acoustic instruments, done right, were the exclusive domain of good valve amplification. Solid state amplifiers gave you control, punch and dynamics but, barring pure Class-A designs, were thought to congest complex music while bestowing a subtle, yet potentially obtrusive, brilliance to timbres of traditional instruments. This is no more, my friends."

Too funny. I wonder if the writer knows the meaning of the archaic English he's using.

To translate: "It used to be that the tonal/hand drum & harmonic qualities of acoustic instruments...." or "It used to be that the tonal/tambourine & harmonic qualities of acoustic instruments....."

Nothing like a made up meaning for a word!  :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I do believe he meant to use Timbral though?
*Insert profound or witty phrase here*

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
Of course he did....it's just so irritating and predictable besides being erm...wrong!....endlessly boring with words that mean absolutely nothing and fail to convey....well anything really.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 06:35:10 AM by Kent Kassler »

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
"The Diablo 120 is a categorically exceptional performer that just plays music in a way that motivates involvement and sweeps you into pure enjoyment, inhibiting dissection and analysis."
Sjoe....I'm tired now.

Offline Juggy

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town
And what is the South African price for this little beauty?

Offline preamplified

• Commercial Member
  • www.13direct.co.za
    • 13 Direct
 :BWAHAHAH:

Thanks guys! Bear in mind the review is from Australia. I've you've ever watched rugby with Australian commentators it should all make sense.

Juggy will check with Achim.

Offline juventino

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • AVForums Veteran
Penal English Quality at its best
Time to get back to when I enjoyed listening......no more upgrading, more of a headache than a pleasure

Offline Juggy

• AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town
:BWAHAHAH:

Thanks guys! Bear in mind the review is from Australia. I've you've ever watched rugby with Australian commentators it should all make sense.

Juggy will check with Achim.

Thank you

Offline Juggy

• AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town

Online achim

• Commercial Member
  • Good brands in good hands
    • 13hof
just travelling in Germany.... next week I ll be back at my desk.... will check than...:-)

Contact us to book a demo. - Twitter

Offline VALVAGLO

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
If you have to ask for the price.................
"A man without tools is like a fish without a bicycle" Quote from Jim Gore