Designing a speaker box

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vleisman

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm ready to start my first speaker build (actually re-build). A tired pair of Coral 3-ways with the following drivers:

10L-17 10" woofer
4H-3 mid
2H-15A tweeter

Google isn't helping me much with ready-made designs, these don't seem to be very common speakers for rebuilding.
My vague plan is to put them into a not-tall floorstander, with a backward-sloping front and curved sides. Something fairly narrow and deep. Horns and Transmission Line sound sexy to me so that would also be good. This is very different from their existing boxes, will post a few pics.

I have seen a bit about TS values and such, but it's mostly BS values to me  :coffee:

So - do I just bang something together and hope it sounds good or how do I get a semi-decent design without hard work? If the only option is hard work I can do that as well, but reluctantly. This is a toe-dip into speakers so more of a fun experiment than a mission to build the greatest speakers this side of The HofLoft.

I guess the first question should be are these drivers worth the effort?

Latest posts