Got a flat battery this morning

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumb and Dumber

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
It seems my ignition lights on the dashboard remains lit after locking the car with the remote. In the mornings I just unlock the car with the remote, not checking first if the ignition lights is still on or not. Well this morning the battery was flat. The car had to be jump started. At the battery experts they said there are no shorts, and the car charges fine. They also did not wanted to replace the battery as they said it is still rather new and reads zero, whatever that means. I was told to just give the battery a good charge and that I had to do something wrong like not closing a door or boot properly. Now I am thinking that it just must be the ignition. It is more than an hour now and it is still on.
But can that really run down a big battery in one night? Those leds cannot consume too much power?

Is there a setting or something I can change for the ignition to shut off like it should, or is this a job for a professional?

Latest posts