Author Topic: Sony TA-1150  (Read 470 times)

Offline Cliff13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Junior Member
Sony TA-1150
« on: April 06, 2018, 06:28:35 PM »
Hi guys. Im new here so im not sure if this post is in the correct place. I have recently got my hands on a 1973 Sony TA-1150 Solid state amplifier. Can any1 shed some light on this amp. Price, specs and opinions.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline naughty

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
Re: Sony TA-1150
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 06:41:25 PM »
in terms of this being in the correct place .... it isnt (by way of being factual) since this seems to be an older amplifier so im sure this thread belongs in the vintage audio section .... and you have it under the "local" section which is more for discussing locally designed and made equipment (most Sony as far as i know it originates from Japan and neighboring areas in the far east)

also since you ask about price it leads me to believe that you might be wanting to sell it? in which case it belongs nowhere until you have 50 posts (apologies if that wasnt your intention and if you wanted to just know if you were being ripped off) ..... BUT having said that you most certainly can discuss views and opinions and specs (in the vintage section probably) 

Online Michon

• Trader
  • Trade Count: (+52)
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 06:41:44 PM »
Look at that! I like the faceplate design of this amp.

Info and manuals here:
https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/sony/ta-1150.shtml

Edit: Agreed, Vintage Audio section would be a better place for this.
The mods will probably move it there, so you don't have to create a duplicate thread in The Vintage Audio section Cliff13.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 06:49:31 PM by Michon »
Tidal HiFi > MOTU 828x > Speaker build pending.
                                   > Schiit Lyr > Sennheiser HD600 & HD800.

Offline AnarchyR

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 07:57:27 AM »
I have that exact amp that i bought from Andre great amp for its age and got some features with it cross over frequency, dual phono stages , active sub out put and pre out to be used as a pre amp
Apparently this originated from the TA1120 which is the first Sony ES amp to be ever built.
These amps are built proper and top components. you can google it.

Offline Cliff13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Junior Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 08:01:26 AM »
I have that exact amp that i bought from Andre great amp for its age and got some features with it cross over frequency, dual phono stages , active sub out put and pre out to be used as a pre amp
Apparently this originated from the TA1120 which is the first Sony ES amp to be ever built.
These amps are built proper and top components. you can google it.

Thanks for the reply. Its an awesome amp

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk