Author Topic: My collection  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Honda xr

My collection
« on: April 06, 2018, 12:26:36 PM »
Hi there to all of you. I have a collection of vintage items that I would like to share with you but I have no idea how to load photo's. There are a few interesting items in the collection, one of which is a working Sansui AU 9500. If someone can help, please pm me and I will send the photo's.

Offline XL1000

Re: My collection
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 12:52:59 PM »
Use post image.org. Very simple.
Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. Plato

Offline thenoizeguy

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 10:47:11 PM »
As above. follow prompts and copy " hotlink for forums " and paste them in your post.
Expensive cables come in fancy silk lined wooden boxes to make you feel better about spending a fortune on them.

Offline vinyljan

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 09:29:02 AM »
I always find the age of members posting is this area interesting?  Original owner vs hand down etc :thinking:
In a maximum bank turn in a normal category airplane, like a typical Cessna, everything is fine until you turn across your own wake

Offline Honda xr

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 08:34:31 AM »
Hi there. I tried to upload the photos but get so frustrated when I realise how e-litterate I am when it gets to the e-stuff. Sorry. Among the collection is a Sansui AU 9500 in nearly mint condition, a very nice sounding Marantz 1060 and a Sanyo amp that surprised me. The Sanyo tuner and tape deck that goes with the amp is in very good condition and the build quality is excellent. The Sanyo set must have been their flagship range. I picked up the Sansui amp from an old lady who was moving into a smaller flat. The amp was used by her father in the 70's together with a Sony TT that is also in near mint condition. The same goes for the KEF Carina speakers that was used with the amp and TT. You cannot believe the grunt of that amp that outputs 75 watts. I am now waiting for a very nice set of Kenwood Trio speakers that want to use with the Sanyo amp. 

Offline vleisman

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 02:45:47 PM »
Hi there. I tried to upload the photos but get so frustrated when I realise how e-litterate I am when it gets to the e-stuff. Sorry. Among the collection is a Sansui AU 9500 in nearly mint condition, a very nice sounding Marantz 1060 and a Sanyo amp that surprised me. The Sanyo tuner and tape deck that goes with the amp is in very good condition and the build quality is excellent. The Sanyo set must have been their flagship range. I picked up the Sansui amp from an old lady who was moving into a smaller flat. The amp was used by her father in the 70's together with a Sony TT that is also in near mint condition. The same goes for the KEF Carina speakers that was used with the amp and TT. You cannot believe the grunt of that amp that outputs 75 watts. I am now waiting for a very nice set of Kenwood Trio speakers that want to use with the Sanyo amp.
Posting these on behalf of Roelof. I'm calling dibs on the Sansui :)

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Offline Honda xr

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 02:53:07 PM »
Thank you Steven

Offline vleisman

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 02:56:11 PM »
It's a pleasure. You can try downloading the Tapatalk app on your phone. Then you access avforums and use Tapatalk to post pictures, it's pretty easy.

Nice collection  :thumbs:

Offline XL1000

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 04:45:17 PM »
Thank you Steven

OK so you are XR and my handle is XL1000 which is for the Varadero XL1000V I used to own.
Do let me know if the Technics double cassette deck becomes available - mine went up in smoke!!! Would love to replace it.
Nice collection by the way.
Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. Plato

Offline Honda xr

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 07:59:40 AM »
Morning XL. The Technics is the only one of the tape decks still working. The rest needs belts. I would like to get the Pioneer and the Sanyo repaired. Do you perhaps know who can replace belts in Gauteng? Oh yes, I have a 1984 XR 500 R that still runs very nicely. Should I decide to get rid of the equipment, I will first put a notice here to warn the regular vintage fans.

Offline Reape

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 08:39:52 PM »
Is that a pair of Yamaha 1000MMs?

Offline Honda xr

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 12:13:12 PM »
Hi Reape
No, it is the Yamaha NS 226 speakers. They sound good. Got them connected to the Pioneer amp.

Offline naughty

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 12:30:42 PM »
great looking collection  :thumbs: ... I hope that you are enjoying using these things because generally when you don't use them they don't like it and begin to sulk by stopping to work
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 12:32:56 PM by naughty »

Offline stereoholic

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2018, 02:53:53 PM »
I had the same Pioneer t/deck and Kenwood tuner back in the 80's, bought and paid for with saved army pay.Think the tuner is still around somewhere buried in the wendy house.

Offline Francois

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2018, 10:07:34 AM »
You forgot to include your address and work times  :sh1tstirrer: >:D
I was born analog, not digit by digit....