Replying to a PM, common courtesy or selective choice?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

AVForums Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
When I joined this forum a few years ago, any and all PM's I sent were always politely responded to, and what a pleasure that was, nice friendly community of shared interest always open always engaging.

Now somehow recently about a third of PM's are just totally ignored, I don't send a lot and try not to irritate or send anything pointless and make an effort to be polite. Occasionally I send a curved ball or shot in the dark asking about an old post or something of interest. However when I can see a member has visited since my PM, must have read it and is responding to others, I can only wonder why, I was not dismissive why should others be?

Same culture developing in many SA working environments, ignoring an email or voice message means it never ever existed.... My little plea to the community here, please think before ignoring any polite PM message you receive, even a late or delayed response saying "cant help" or "get lost" is far better than no response at all. It takes literally seconds to respond.

I have heard cases of members not receiving their PM's but then say that upfront in your post maybe.

Latest posts