Need help with car amp wiring

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onetwopump

Reaction score
Hey guys, need a lil bit of help. Trying to connect a 4 channel linertec lt-480 amp to a kenwood sub. So I have done the main power connection, ground, channel connections to the sub. Now the HU is an aftermarket part as well (Soundvox SX-8250V). Previous owner has cut off all wires and someone has redone it but with different colors. Cannot find the remote turn on wire for the amp. I was testing cables and found one that switches the amp on.

So the amp came on, but no sound. I had the gain and LPF set to minimum so increased that a bit, roughly to 25 % and power light on amp stays on but no sound. At the time I had an 60Hz test tone playing on the system. Power to the amp stayed on for a few minutes, then there was a sound that played through the sub and then protect light switches on, on the amp. Switched the car off and the protect light stayed on for about a minute and now the amp does not show any life at all. No power or protect lights at all. Can someone advise on what I should do? I do not have a multimeter with me at the moment (it's at work:( ).

Please please please help:(