Used Devialet advice needed please!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flappy

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Would appreciate some advice from forum members who know Devialet...

Thinking about a second hand Devialet to pair with Vivid K1's and simplify my life, I can get a D premier for a similar price to a Expert 200 which would you choose and why?

What I understand is the D premier is still up gradable software wise but no SAM and RAM, it has more power than the D200 (at 240w) but the hardware is older and possibly more limited? I also read that the power supply was upgraded on the later models so wondering if this is a weakness....is it a choice between better power or better features or is there more to it? :nfi:

One concern on both is upgrading later to mono's...If I wanted to add a second Devialet as budget allows I assume I am in a similar predicament with both of these 2 models as they have both moved on to higher power outputs...so I would be searching for a matching second hand unit at the time which might not necessarily available at the time....Should I just be saving hard until I can afford a matching pair and be done with it?

Thanks for reading!