Chat > Social Responsibilty

Anyone interested in fixing an oven door & donating it?

(1/1)

Andrew:
Long story short - my wife and I recently moved to new place, during which the Whirlpool oven toppled over and the front door broke. Whirlpool when approached said they don't deal with public, I had to go through agents (Tecsa). Said company initially quoted me over R5000.00 to fix door on a stove that is going brand new for R2 999.00. Second quote came in just over R3000.00, so still pointless.

I then approached Whirlpool, explained what had happened and suggested they take the stove, fix the door free of charge and donate it to a worthy charity/hospice because there was no point in me paying those costs. Company replied with:

"We as a manufacturer contribute to charities through approved channels so your request is unfortunately not within our scope."

So they'd rather I just dump it at the nearest landfill, it seems. If there is anyone here who might be interested in taking the repairs on, the stove is in otherwise 100% working order and sitting in Edenvale for about another week before I have to get rid of it.

Trompie67:
Have you tried getting a quote from Bergens appliance repairs?

Heinrich:
what exactly is broken?
the glass? hinges?

i think many places will take it as is and fix it themselves.

Andrew:

--- Quote from: Heinrich on March 22, 2018, 01:44:25 PM ---what exactly is broken?
the glass? hinges?

i think many places will take it as is and fix it themselves.

--- End quote ---

Hi Heinrich,

The hinges are fine, as is the actual inner oven door glass. It's pretty much the outer frame and front glass for lack of a better description. I was just a bit gobsmacked when the company pretty much told they weren't interested in fixing and donating it to a charity or hospice. According to Whirlpool only Tecsa are the relevant agents, and I doubt a charity or hospice will have that kind of cash to fix it either.  :-\

Andrew:

--- Quote from: Trompie67 on March 22, 2018, 01:38:45 PM ---Have you tried getting a quote from Bergens appliance repairs?

--- End quote ---

Hi Trompie,
Thanks for the tip - Bergens confirms it does Whirlpool, no idea why the company didn't list them in the email to me. Have asked for quote.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version