Author Topic: Difficulty Typing Posts  (Read 1622 times)

Offline 2wice

Re: Difficulty Typing Posts
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2018, 01:42:20 PM »
Might be an extension and not Chrome at fault.

Offline Curlycat

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 05:25:40 PM »
Same problem here too.
Win 10 Chrome.

Offline PaganMcLoud

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2018, 01:11:56 PM »
Same problem here too.
Win 10 Chrome.
Chrome Browser on Samsung Tablet.  It's unbelievably SLOW and LAG-gy yes, but it's been that way for as long as I can remember.  Not anything new.  Would be great if it could be sorted tho.  It does become annoying.  Using the backspace or deleting the last few letters from pre-post text is almost impossible.  Chrome is not the culprit since it happens with even the stock android internet browser, and it can't be device either, since it happens ONLY on this forum.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 01:15:39 PM by PaganMcLoud »
From the Dalai Lama:  Cables in allegory, are the "umbilical cord" or thread between life and afterlife. The quality of such life depends on the "source" of the energy, and not on the stitch or the thread...

Online Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2018, 01:45:30 PM »
Using a desktop both at work and home, Win 10 machines and Firefox, I experience none of these problems. Typing appears instantaneously, pages load within a second or two depending on picture content. I do suspect Chrome is the culprit.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Online Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2018, 01:46:20 PM »
OK, the post I made above loaded in under one second.

Firefox rules!  :)

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline naughty

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2018, 02:36:07 PM »
also using firefox but with win 7 - win 10 just uses too much internet bandwidth for the updates and i only have 5gigs per month LTE - so im not going to reinstall win 10 until i get better/more internet again - absolutely no issues with firefox - i reckon it is chrome that is the issue up above - and it seems like just having it installed also causes the problem  :nfi:

seems like the forum is working just fine with firefox .... also doing edits perfectly well (i made a spelling booboo that i just had to edit right now)

Offline PaganMcLoud

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2018, 02:50:22 PM »
For Android users I reckon it could possibly be bad communication/integration between the keyboard and browser.  Just downloaded a 3rd-party keyboard app.  Will update here if it solves it.

*UPDATE.   OK.  Downloaded Gboard (Free) from Googleplay.  Solves it instantly for Android users.  Keyboard text input is near-instant on the forum.   Unfortunately I don't like the look or feel of this new keyboard, so reverted to the stock with all it's input-lag issues.   
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 03:17:50 PM by PaganMcLoud »
From the Dalai Lama:  Cables in allegory, are the "umbilical cord" or thread between life and afterlife. The quality of such life depends on the "source" of the energy, and not on the stitch or the thread...

Online Katji

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2018, 03:48:59 PM »
I've never had the problem - so far i remember.  Firefox, Windows 8.1, laptop, and old version Android on Samsung S5.

Chrome, never.  Ms IE, never. 
But I'd like to know why, if you look in the Firefox program files, there are references to chrome.

Offline Curlycat

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2018, 06:16:57 PM »
Same problem here too.
Win 10 Chrome.
This post was March - so loooong time ago. No issues this side anymore.

Offline ron g

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2018, 06:48:13 PM »
Chrome Browser on Samsung Tablet.  It's unbelievably SLOW and LAG-gy yes, but it's been that way for as long as I can remember.  Not anything new.  Would be great if it could be sorted tho.  It does become annoying.  Using the backspace or deleting the last few letters from pre-post text is almost impossible.  Chrome is not the culprit since it happens with even the stock android internet browser, and it can't be device either, since it happens ONLY on this forum.

the op was in march & the response in august. that is some serious lag. i would suspect pebkac rather than the browser though.   :groovy: :groovy:
is it just me or have bitcoin people gone a bitquiet because its a bitdown? #bitter

Offline PaganMcLoud

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2018, 08:35:52 PM »
Shouldnt matter WHEN the post is from.   Was always problematic, and Im sure its still an issue 4 other android users.