Author Topic: Sinotec VS Hisense for bedroom  (Read 2641 times)

Offline FILV

Sinotec VS Hisense for bedroom
« on: March 07, 2018, 09:38:16 AM »
Hey Everyone

this is a very tight comparison. I am looking at a tv for the bedroom, and now came down to these two choices (if i buy new rather than a second hand buy a might find)

the Sinotec has a better brightness 235nit, and contrast ratio 5000:1
the Hisense is rated with brightness of 200 contrast ration 4000:1

i tend to prefer Hisense as  brand, but the Sinotec on paper based on those specs should be better.
https://www.game.co.za/medias/RSA-070318.pdf?context=bWFzdGVyfHJvb3R8MjkyNzMxNnxhcHBsaWNhdGlvbi9wZGZ8aGU0L2hiOS84ODM5NTEzNjM2ODk0LnBkZnxhMDgyMDAzOWFmZmM3Y2VhYTU3ODgwMTcwYmMxNzQ5MGIxZDk4M2U2MDUwZDYyMmY4YTJhMTRmYTViNGFjMmQw&attachment=false

https://www.comx-computers.co.za/HX40N2176F-HiSense-HX40N2176F-40-Full-HD-1080p-LED-Buy-p-177582.php

what are your thoughts?
which will have a better display quality for movies and gaming?

Offline BWS

Re: Sinotec VS Hisense for bedroom
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 11:19:36 AM »
In the word : Scent, is it the S or the C that is silent?

Offline FILV

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 11:40:06 AM »
Thanks, but i don't think we can compare the 40inch fhd's to the bigger uhds's at double the price.
im sure the quality must be quite different

Offline PaganMcLoud

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 11:57:46 AM »
Brightness and contrast ratios and slightly better measurements do not the "better" TV make.

I would go to a store and compare their real-world image quality and motion-capability side-by-side.  If this were not possible, then much like yourself, I'd choose the Hi-sense, which is a slightly better brand imo. 
From the Dalai Lama:  Cables in allegory, are the "umbilical cord" or thread between life and afterlife. The quality of such life depends on the "source" of the energy, and not on the stitch or the thread...

Offline fdlsys

• Vinylist
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Do you like life, sweetheart?
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 12:41:25 PM »

... I'd choose the Hi-sense, which is a slightly better brand imo.
Oooh, here we go with IMO again. You can say any daft thing you want - as long as you fence yourself with IMO, you're not wrong!
Have at least one, single, lonesome but meaningful argument instead of your IMOs, ffs!
The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry
Come back when you’ve lived a little. Miles Davis

Offline BWS

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 12:58:18 PM »
In the word : Scent, is it the S or the C that is silent?

Offline FILV

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 02:05:23 PM »
ok cool, i was hoping maybe somebody was in the same scenario as me, and could give a suggestion.

I will go to Game and try see, although it is a mission to get a "real world" feel of the what tv can do, as they never have the remotes, and every single tv is on a different display setting, and showing soccer on dstv  :sd:

im also looking at the second hand market for a samsung.

Offline fdlsys

• Vinylist
  • Trader
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 03:05:46 PM »
Game, Makro - I ask for remotes, they bring them.
The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry

Offline ron g

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 10:33:50 PM »
Oooh, here we go with IMO again. You can say any daft thing you want - as long as you fence yourself with IMO, you're not wrong!
Have at least one, single, lonesome but meaningful argument instead of your IMOs, ffs!

new drinking game - do a shot everytime pm gives a opinion..
is it just me or have bitcoin people gone a bitquiet because its a bitdown? #bitter

Offline fdlsys

• Vinylist
  • Trader
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 11:57:38 PM »
Meanie :giggle:

Offline Kemosabe

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 09:28:50 PM »
at the entry level youre not looking for everything in the package nor can you get it. Do a quick check online for faults with those models to identify any concerns. Assuming there is nothing major then decide on the one or two factors which are most important for you. Could be black levels, response time, quality of the built in speaker. Whatever it is figure out whats going to annoy the crap out of you and buy the better of the two.
DIY hi-fi: the journey is the destination.

Offline FILV

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2018, 07:27:05 AM »
So... i ended up buying a second hand Samsung 40eh5300.
It is an oldish model, but i am actually content with it.

Happier to see that Samsung Logo every day. Funny you just get the love or trust for a brand in you.

With Blurays the Tv actually performs well.

Offline Brendin

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2018, 05:39:31 PM »
The 49inch Hisense model that I compared to the Sinotec is actually very clear and colors are bright and sharp.
Pic seemed better than some of the cheaper Samsung models on display. Only the more expensive Samsungs looked better.
And 3 year warranted...

Offline rodga

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2018, 05:57:51 PM »
The 49inch Hisense model that I compared to the Sinotec is actually very clear and colors are bright and sharp.
Pic seemed better than some of the cheaper Samsung models on display. Only the more expensive Samsungs looked better.
And 3 year warranted...
4 if you register online iirc

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Offline Juggy

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2018, 10:16:25 AM »
I have had lower end models of both and found the hisense build quality and picture to be much better

IMO :P