Speaker for fun :)

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanS

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
So I started last year slowly putting boxes together to use up drivers in cupboards.  The aim is to do something not too big that does a solid 40hz. I suspect these will be approx F3 @ 38hz. Size 101 x 25 x 36cm, so + on WAF. Cab angles back 5 degrees. Front slot port, I want them to be close to wall friendly.

Drivers will be Scans...  2x18W, 15M, and 6600 or 6620

I have them progressing nicely, managed to get some time in this weekend to slice off the edges. A mission with only a router.. but less time that driving them somewhere, explaining, driving to collect..

Cabs are birch ply, nice and solid vs. MDF, 36mm for bass drivers, 18 for mid/tweeter (don't want the mid in a tunnel). Cutouts are nicely rounded off at the back and I have some broomsticks across for bracing in the bass section to break up the large side panels.

Finish... I have 60 strips in 70 x 4 x 120 american walnut, sanded to 100 grit.. that wasn't cheap  :giggle:... but I think the finish will be worth it.

XO points... no fixed ideas yet, will measure and then think.

Hope to get the cabs finished in March / April to allow me to have a winter XO challenge

nSfsUxp.jpg

KG6x3yQ.jpg