Chromecast Audio Issues

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm setting up a system in my dad's bedroom and am hoping for some suggestions, I got him a Chromecast Audio that I want to use to cast his laptop's audio (basically YouTube in the browser) to the DAC, but it isn't behaving.

When the Chromecast works (from mobile apps like Deezer) it works great, I can't pick up any artifacts in the sound like I can with iffy bluetooth streaming.

The problem is I can't cast the audio from his pc using the Chrome browser to the Chromecast successfully, has anyone had success with this?
I cannot cast the tab nor the desktop's audio, I have tried all of the suggestions online.

I see there's a few software solutions that can cast the entire desktop's audio (which is ideal because it needs to be as easy as possible or he's not going to bother and the system will be wasted :roll: ), there's paid for versions and a few open source ones as well on github, not sure how safe either off these are though...

Just wanted some opinions whether or not I should proceed trying to get it to work or scrap this route before I waste time on it