Author Topic: Suggestions on DAC/network audio player for Valve Audio/Sonor Audio setup  (Read 459 times)

Offline rstansell

I'm in the process of replacing stolen Steinhart + Marantz CD player with Valve Audio Exclame 150 and Sonor Audio Claros 6.2. I need advice on a sound source capable of streaming Tidal, Deezer, Google Play. No requirement for CD.
This is something I know very little about. I have a Chromecast Audio which has optical out so I guess that can take care of accessing these sound sources and bypassing the Chromecast DAC.
I have a budget of around R8k
Thanks

Offline IlkoAlexandrov

Hi

I could be late here, but anyway .. speak to Francois about the IfI DAC - i cannot but only praise it, and not upgrading it in my Exclame 150 setup ..
Nothing other than a Exclame must come between you and the music

Offline Scubadude

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Depressed? Cans on, volume up, ignore the world!
For R8k I would hunt down a Squeezebox Classic (or Raspberry Pi / Allo DigiOne if you're that way inclined) as an LMS transport and pic up a nice used R6k DAC ... many floating around for that and less.  The Pi has the added advantage of being able to strem video as well.
"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass