Grado SR325i or AKG K601

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simphiwes

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade my Grados the SR60i and am not sure which direction to take. I like the sound of the Grado SR60i but am not sure if the higher models will offer the sound I like. I have auditioned the cheeper AKG headphones and I liked them as well though I dont remember which model it was. I am not in the position to audition either the AKG K601 or the Grado 325i so that makes it difficult for me to decide. I have been told the Grado SR325i is a whole new ball game compared to the Grado SR60i but that doesn't help me much. What I need from the heaphone I am going to upgrade to is more information(better bass definition), air, openess, naturall (meaning somewhat accurate in the tone of the instruments) honest sounding headphone with very little to no sibilance and a razor sharp sound stage. I wont be using a headphone amp for a while until i have saved up enough for a decent one better that the one on my Rotel RC1070. i will also use the headphone on my iPod 80gig though that may not happen often, i'll stick to the Grado SR60i here it works perfectly on the ipod. I never watch movies with my headphones. I listen to all kinds of music from jazz to house, classical to hip hop, country to disco, funk to gospel, rock to kwaito just about anything you can think of. My music collection is made up of CDs and mp3 that are at 320kbps and higher, i dont have any SACDs. I have LPs but dont have a TT. I hope i've given enough info for ya'll to steer me in the right direction.