Author Topic: 13direct.co.za high end demo stock now updated.  (Read 2202 times)

Offline preamplified

13direct.co.za high end demo stock now updated.
« on: February 23, 2018, 02:31:22 PM »
We have updated out demo page on www.13direct.co.za - head to http://13direct.co.za/demo/ to see the incredible offers on truly high end demo equipment.

Please feel free to ask any questions. Demo's for the items can be arranged.

Offline King_Julian_S

Re: 13direct.co.za high end demo stock now updated.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 03:03:28 PM »
Hmmm that 845
Non audiophile music lover...

Offline achim

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 07:55:19 PM »
..well this Absolute 845 is a beast of an amp.... and it requires space. The size and weight of this Integrated is impossible to imagine from the photos... its a giant...a monster... ;)

Contact us to book a demo. - Twitter

Offline King_Julian_S

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 08:57:43 PM »
One won’t tell from the pics at all ..
I read a bit about it earlier .. said to be a parallel single ended design ... realized that I never ever listened to an amp of that type before & clearly the reviews indicate that it is indeed one of those one have to try and hear ...

Offline achim

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 08:58:00 PM »
Professor Gianni Saccetti is a genius in the valve world.... but a very silent character and now semi retired but not only speaking for Italy...they belong to the leaders in valve technologies..... something like a Simply Italy or Simply Two and Triode 25 got to legends in many countries. I think we sold a few thousand in Germany over the years..  with good reasons

Offline King_Julian_S

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 11:07:45 PM »
Hmmm tickles my taste buds ..
I would certainly like to oneday compare my Much lived Mars 2a3 to one of these million dollar devices ..
if the Mars is so enjoyable I just wonder “how much” different something like absolute 845 will be..

You certainly bring a different side to the local scene with your products.. so would be nice if you continue as such .. unfortunately many  obviously not afford to support that .. but it means that somewhere along the line these might pop is as used and ... hmmm someone will be lucky without having to import etc...

Offline Blue Bull

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 07:38:25 PM »
Hmmm tickles my taste buds ..
I would certainly like to oneday compare my Much lived Mars 2a3 to one of these million dollar devices ..
if the Mars is so enjoyable I just wonder “how much” different something like absolute 845 will be..

You certainly bring a different side to the local scene with your products.. so would be nice if you continue as such .. unfortunately many  obviously not afford to support that .. but it means that somewhere along the line these might pop is as used and ... hmmm someone will be lucky without having to import etc...

Afford ,well,the SA market is very narrow in vision (and hearing) as a general rule,eg. Max 1s on Triode 25 with the small Rega cd player is a steal as a combination.Its an excellent combination !!  Also the Audio Analogue products at these special prices are  brilliant investments.
Merlin VSM MXR + Master BAM/Unison Research Triode 25 /Mark Levinson 36/Sony 790/PS Audio UPC200/Transp Ultra PowerLink/SignalCable pwrcords/Monster M1500i M1000i/Transp Super MM2 sp cable

##  USE A TRANSISTOR,GO TO JAIL !! ##

Offline Blue Bull

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 07:41:16 PM »
...oh and that Absolute amp.If you havent seen it ,you aint seen nothing .In visual appearance it stimulates the soul .......
Merlin VSM MXR + Master BAM/Unison Research Triode 25 /Mark Levinson 36/Sony 790/PS Audio UPC200/Transp Ultra PowerLink/SignalCable pwrcords/Monster M1500i M1000i/Transp Super MM2 sp cable

##  USE A TRANSISTOR,GO TO JAIL !! ##

Offline King_Julian_S

13direct.co.za high end demo stock now updated.
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 10:39:46 PM »
U guys are pure  evil

No narrowness Achim . My entire chain( expect TT) cost less than 14k so .. it’s not narrow vision but narrow spend pattern ensuring the sound output is worth 100 times the cost is my goal .

Ps I learnt my lesson thinking hifi is investment .. especially here with brands that’s not common .. if I had the dollars and was gonna spend on hifi  I would not think twice about 845 etc .. but I surely was going to do it understanding I either have to keep it , flog it overseas, or just loose out oneday
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:42:52 PM by King_Julian_S »

Offline stereosane

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 07:41:45 AM »
I just wanted to ask, the brands that you won't be carrying anymore will you still provide after sales services for these products if there is a fault or they need a repair in the near future?

Offline achim

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 07:10:39 PM »
I m not giving up those brands.... I decided to reduce my demo stock. I have enough in the Loft....its probably the only real High End Showroom in SA where you can experience all ..up to speakers plus 2 million. Where can you see, hear and touch a Statement by Clearaudio or a Brinkmann Balance...? Avantgarde from Zero to Trio etc etc... Tannoys from Mini Autograph, Turnberry GR, Kensington GR and Canterbury GR.

If someone now wants a Max 1...fine he must order ;)

Service and support? With all brands I work here I have personal relations which going back up to 30 years.... and the good news we have some exceptional good technicians here in the country and at least one fantastic guy is even designing for european companies...

So service and spares isn't an issue.

Offline stereosane

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 07:19:38 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Great to know  :2thumbs:

Offline JonnyP

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 08:37:07 PM »
Demo speakers are effectively run in and sounding perfect.  Same with the 685, nicely run in and great from the start.  As they don’t quite say in the Rocher ad, ‘Oh Ambassador, with these bargains, you are tempting us!’
When the sun is dying, we'll cross the causeway of no memory.....