First TT buying advice and guidance

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kritzingerf

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Good evening 'yall

As you might have seen from my intro, I love my sound equipment, and have done so for a long time, but, my experience with and knowledge of TT is limited to mylittle micro hifi with built in TT from the late 1980s, and an old Tempest record player of similar era....

Seeing that Feb is my birthday month, I decided a fair reward for this, would be to get me some vinyl, and a entry level TT...

But then the wheels came off.... Which TT to get????

I do NOT have extreme high end equipment, in fact, very far from it.  I am driving a pair of Wharfedale Modus Two bookshelf speakers, or a pair of Mission M73 floor standers with my Kenwood KA-1080 amp.

I am hoping to get a sub-R1500 TT that will sound at least half acceptable with the above setup.

I tracked down a Technics SL-BD20 for the princely some of R600, but I will need a new belt.

Am I throwing good beer money down the drain here, or is there something better withing the budget that I should rather consider that will deliver more pleasure to my ears?

Ek luister by die draadloos...  your advice will be keenly received here!

regards

Francois

PS, I have read all the threads I could, here and elsewhere.. seems opinions range from you could do much worse, to don't waste your time or money...  hence my utter confusion...

Latest posts