No Name, No Shame...

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaganMcLoud

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
This is not done with the intention of naming or shaming anyone.  If anything... I myself could also be "in the wrong" here, but I thought I'd like to hear "your" take on this. 

AM I BEING OVERLY-CAUTIOUS OR "UNTRUSTING"  IN MY NOT RELEASING GOODS BEFORE MONEY HAS PHYSICALLY CLEARED INTO MY ACCOUNT? 

Are our buyers AWARE that clearance can sometimes take up to 3 days?  (Especially when they're paying from Standard Bank)  When "I" make a payment from my FNB account into Standard... it takes a few hours at most.  Standard Bank to FNB?  2 - 3 days!!  Having run my own business and received multiple payments from numerous banks... I can assure you this is a rather "NORMAL" scenario. 

I've just had a forum member cancel a sale because their Standard Bank payment is not clearing as soon as they would like, and because I haven't started sending their goods yet.  And this is "after" I already made it clear that I'd send-off once the payment clears.  The gentleman is now "insulted" because he's a "trusted forum member." 

Once again, this is not to shame anyone, but perhaps be informative to all members trading here.
Your thoughts??

122hv00.png

Latest posts