Author Topic: Anybody driving from belville to Jhb/Alberton in the next few days?  (Read 269 times)

Offline Ju_dy@RT

I bought a rather chunky kilim/carpet online (about 3mx2m) together with a rather randomn painting (because it was cheap) that may want to hitch a ride. Can courier, but considering that it will cost a few hundred rand... I thought somebody here could do with some petrol money?? Nothing definite yet, I’m waiting to hear from the seller ito cost. Right now just weighing out the options, but basically i’d pay around what insured Postnet or couriers would bill, whilst minimizing risk.

Anybody??
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:10:00 PM by Ju_dy@RT »

Offline Gerlach

Re: Anybody driving from belville to Jhb/Alberton in the next few days?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 10:19:31 PM »
Ai Judy!! If only you posted this last week.My father drove up to JHB this past Sunday from Bellville and coming back tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:23:11 PM by Gerlach »
Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows. (Walter Röhrl)

Offline Ju_dy@RT

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 07:53:19 AM »
I didn’t even know I WANTED a carpet yesterday, let alone last week :ROFLMAO:!! Kinda spur of the moment buy...  ;D

Thanks anyway... so far it seems it may be couriered- R210 (excluding insurance). Just waiting for the insurance quote. Cheaper than I thought!

Offline Gerlach

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 08:27:17 AM »
hahahaha!! Don't wary, it happens. Some story between me and my wife if we find something. Hope you got it for a good price the kilim. Post some photos of it when you get it. We after a 2x3m and a 5 x 570mm runner.

Offline Ju_dy@RT

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 08:44:37 AM »
Price was good  ;) and I will! (You’ll like it.... it’s 2 x 3m :) )

Mmmm ....if you can find me a 7m (!) runner, I’ll sell you my 5m runner!!! I’ve got a very nice one, but in a new house and now I’m looking for a LONGER one  :sd:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 08:46:48 AM by Ju_dy@RT »

Offline Gerlach

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 11:55:03 AM »
My mother is big in to this stuff. There house is full Turkish and Persian Carpets. They bought for our wedding gift last year a 3x4 thick Turkish carpet for the tv room. We had 3.5 runner that my wife moved to the kitchen and now we need to get that 5 meter for the hall. 2x3 one is for the front door, but nice big fat cow skin.

There is a place down in Tygervallei that stock some nice runners.

Offline Ju_dy@RT

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 02:41:16 PM »
^^ pity that most runners max out at 5m though.

PS: All sorted ito transport.