Author Topic: Post Office (again)  (Read 184 times)

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+115)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
Post Office (again)
« on: February 12, 2018, 07:42:27 AM »
Really thought they had improved.  Am expecting a parcel from France.  On 1st Feb a notification arrives, says collect at Cape Mail.   Go to Cape Mail, they say it has already been forwarded to Plumstead.  Go to Plumstead PO, lady enters tracking, says "Index outside the bounds of the array"

I ask her what this means, she says it does not exist on the tracking system.  I show her the notification, she says am I stupid, it says collect at Cape Mail

So back to Cape Mail.  Same clerk says "I told you to go to Plumstead" so I relate what Plumstead told me.  He reckons they don't know what they are doing.  Spoke to the PostMaster at Plumstead.  His first reaction was to blame it on Cape Mail.  He won't phone them, but can (if I really insist) send them an enquiry BY POST (snail mail) asking for direction

Looking at on-line Track and Trace, the number is still, as it states

French tracking shows it left Toulouse on 20th January
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Offline Rhino

Re: Post Office (again)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 08:15:11 AM »
SAPO is more like a never ending nightmare.
I myself am still waiting for stuff I ordered from last year.
Most at the post offices are there without any good reason. (Only there for salary without doing any real work).
Hate to make use of them, bust most stuff gets delivered through them unless you have a specific courier company you can make use of.

All the best.
Polk Audio Tsi500 - Fronts, Tsi200 - Bookshelf, Tsi100 - Front Height,  Cs10 - Centre, Integra DTR 50.5 AV Receiver,Sony BDP-S370 Blu-Ray, LG 3D Blu-Ray, Energy Veritas 10" Sub, Clavel 3 Way speaker

Offline Scrat

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • Real men don't drink pink drinks, Dave....
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 10:52:21 AM »
*chuckling*  :ROFLMAO:

"Index outside the boundary of the array" is a coding error, NOT an indication of where your package is at all. As in shi**y software development. It is looking to find your entry in a list, but during the reading of the list, something bad happens. Like code-murder.  :ROFLMAO:
It's not the size of the sub, it's where you place it.

Online bbe22

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 11:40:39 AM »
SAPO    Worth noting that except for EMS all foreign parcels even with tracking no , gets lumped with local post on entry and then the tracking is lost from that point on.................