Author Topic: More member details perhaps?  (Read 311 times)

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - listen with your ears
More member details perhaps?
« on: February 07, 2018, 07:39:41 AM »
For someone who does a fair bit of trading, mainly selling or donating items, it can take a while to get delivery details, and sometimes these are missing details which holds up the shipping

What would be useful, if you plan to buy and sell as a casual user, not a trader are:

1  Preferred PostNet Branch
2  Email address (for sending POPs, etc)
3  Mobile phone number (for Postnet notifications)
4  Bank details for deposit (tricky one I know, what with the skelms all around us)

Similar to email address, the display of this info can be optional

Offline naughty

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: More member details perhaps?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 08:15:08 AM »
sorry to disagree Chris BUT given that the forums reason for existence is not purely for trading

to be honest i would not provide banking details or cellphone number for permanent display in the forum ... in the event of a trade or sale i would provide them via PM or e-mail to one individual but for public display in the forum - nope - i would actually rather leave the forum if it becomes a requirement to provide those for public display  :sulky:

the public display of banking details leaves you way too open to be defrauded and as for cellphone numbers - if you leave those anywhere in public then prepare to be bombarded with bucket loads of spam and its your fault for publicly displaying the number, so its not a thing that i would recommend (same goes for e-mail to a smaller extent ie you should have a separate e-mail for all of these casual type of things and then a different serious e-mail which should only be  distributed to serious contacts for serious matters so if you are bombarded with spam its on an e-mail address which you can walk away from) 

« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 08:17:11 AM by naughty »