Author Topic: More member details perhaps?  (Read 835 times)

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
More member details perhaps?
« on: February 07, 2018, 07:39:41 AM »
For someone who does a fair bit of trading, mainly selling or donating items, it can take a while to get delivery details, and sometimes these are missing details which holds up the shipping

What would be useful, if you plan to buy and sell as a casual user, not a trader are:

1  Preferred PostNet Branch
2  Email address (for sending POPs, etc)
3  Mobile phone number (for Postnet notifications)
4  Bank details for deposit (tricky one I know, what with the skelms all around us)

Similar to email address, the display of this info can be optional
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Offline naughty

Re: More member details perhaps?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 08:15:08 AM »
sorry to disagree Chris BUT given that the forums reason for existence is not purely for trading

to be honest i would not provide banking details or cellphone number for permanent display in the forum ... in the event of a trade or sale i would provide them via PM or e-mail to one individual but for public display in the forum - nope - i would actually rather leave the forum if it becomes a requirement to provide those for public display  :sulky:

the public display of banking details leaves you way too open to be defrauded and as for cellphone numbers - if you leave those anywhere in public then prepare to be bombarded with bucket loads of spam and its your fault for publicly displaying the number, so its not a thing that i would recommend (same goes for e-mail to a smaller extent ie you should have a separate e-mail for all of these casual type of things and then a different serious e-mail which should only be  distributed to serious contacts for serious matters so if you are bombarded with spam its on an e-mail address which you can walk away from) 

« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 08:17:11 AM by naughty »

Offline BobsYourUncle

Re: More member details perhaps?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 10:40:53 AM »
For someone who does a fair bit of trading, mainly selling or donating items, it can take a while to get delivery details, and sometimes these are missing details which holds up the shipping

What would be useful, if you plan to buy and sell as a casual user, not a trader are:

1  Preferred PostNet Branch
2  Email address (for sending POPs, etc)
3  Mobile phone number (for Postnet notifications)
4  Bank details for deposit (tricky one I know, what with the skelms all around us)

Similar to email address, the display of this info can be optional

Assuming the seller is willing to ship
Kempton Park, Estrand,GP