Foobar2000 updates

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1447

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
for anyone who is still using Foobar 2000 (and more so for those who followed my older thread about making Foobar easy .... well there are updated versions of Foobar which are easier to use and also Tedgo (the deviantart) user who made the DarkOne v4.0 skin that i described in that thread has updated his skin with a more modern look and feel - its also easier to install

get Foobar Here (at the time of this post 1.3.17 is the latest stable version

http://www.foobar2000.org/download

install as you would any other windows program (decide if you want a portable install or standard install which installs into program files)

then install all the additional components that you need like Asio and Wasapi also HTTP control so you can add android remote control capability all as per the last thread (nothing difficult about any of that) and then find and install the Asioproxy installation which allows DSD playback by adding the SACD component 

after this you can download the new skin from here

https://tedgo.deviantart.com/art/DarkOne4Mod-v1-637189138

the download link is as here here circled in red

Skin_Download.jpg

this is what the skin looks like in the original view

Foobar_skin1.jpg

looking at the view tab selections at the top then view 2 looks like this and this is how i use mine since i control the program using an android tablet so i dont need the full original view

Foobar_skin2.jpg

to install the skin once you have downloaded it you just need to unzip the downloaded file and it will give you a PDF file with install instructions which are pretty easy and the only thing you might need to tinker with once you install the skin is text size .... to do that you look at the pic above and looking at the bottom section you will see a button with three parallel lines in the left column - clicking on that brings up options where you will then follow :

File => Preferences as circled in red below

change_text_1.jpg

then follow these steps to get to a text size option (you can adjust the Font too with no problems) and then apply those and the skin is ready to use and enjoy without much else to do

remember though that in every one of my tagged album folders i have a Folder.jpg which is the album cover and an Artist.jpg picture which is an artist picture which is what is ghosting in the background on the right side column

like so

music_folder.jpg

another example of how these pictures look within Foobar

Foobar_skin_3.jpg

this skin was the easiest ever to install and it also looks pretty good IMHO .... if anyone is struggling with the installation steps for installing components etc then ask here and i will see if i can help though it should all be old hat to do this stuff nowadays

Latest posts