Amplifiers

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just wanted some opinions:

I frequently think that the role of a pre-amplifier is frequently underestimated!  You frequently hear suggestions on amplifier upgrades, just mentioning adding power amplifiers, but seldom it seems to me is the pre-amplification addressed.  I don,t have as much experience as most of you, but I found that the pre-amp makes a vast difference: both in terms of aspects of sound quality and overall sound signature!  Now we all know that we strive for as truthful as possible (although I'm not as convinced), but just adding a power amp does not necessarily address all these issues.  I believe that is the reason adding a power amp to front channels to AVR does not immediately relieve all stereo woes!

Does truth equate happiness????  +r is truthfulness just part of a group of characteristics that leads to enjoyment?  When my system was very analytical, although I could tick all the right boxes, I certainly did not enjoy myself!

Thank you for your opinions!