Author Topic: The start of a great journey..  (Read 6240 times)

Offline kenvanraas

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
Re: The start of a great journey..
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2018, 11:46:42 PM »
I honestly wish you mr Bentley,Air,Geco,Jimgore (and all the valve ooms),a prosperous 2018- and beyond  :dop:

Offline Dreamerm6

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2018, 11:46:48 PM »
Glad to see how nice these came out. Can't wait to hear them!
Thanks Shaun, Rudi had truly outdone himself on these, they sound amazing!

Offline Dreamerm6

• Commercial Member
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2018, 11:47:45 PM »
I honestly wish you mr Bentley,Air,Geco,Jimgore (and all the valve ooms),a prosperous 2018- and beyond  :dop:

Thank you kind sir!

Offline Albertronics

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2018, 01:51:28 AM »
  :clap: :clap:Congratulations on some great looking speakers. Your opening specials are great too. I am sure you guys are going to do well. Proudly South African is the way to go. I wish you guys a prosperous year and all the years to follow. Regards. Shamil.

Offline Spurge

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2018, 02:34:44 AM »
These look sensational. Would like to hear them. Well done. Best of luck.

Offline Ampdog

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2018, 04:24:56 AM »
Specs are irrelevant, sound is what matters!

:(   :(

Okay then, you have throttled my question even before I could put it.  But just to respectfully comment on that: All quality things on the  market have specs of some sort, including loudspeakers. To repeat what has been said umpteen times before: Stoves give exact sizes and power concuption, cars can be compared on engine power, acceleration and fuel consumption is available ....

It would seem that audio is the only branch of science where such is regarded as unimportant compared to this unknown individual or his HEARING! How else am I and others who cannot journey there to make any comparison COME TO ANY COMCLUSIOMNS?

Apologies if I sound a trite dissatisfied; that I must confess I am. So I respectfully ask some basic questions again: Was any frequency response, of each driver and the resultant drawn? Behavior is there any combined sensitivity rating? What is the rated maximum electronic input power allowed?

Please before you perhaps become irritated, read again that these figures amongs others 'signify' a product's - in this case a loudspeaker -  place in the marketplace. No criticism intended, simply suggestive consideration.  Say e.g. Schalk or myself comes up with the 'greatest amplifier this side of the equator.' No specs because 'they do not matter' (no maximum power, no input sensitivities, no distortion figure or frequency response etc etc.  Like a 'nice car'. No engine torque or maximum power, no acceration, no comparative fuel concumption, no seating capacity or whatever - but some sound .....  Catch the correspondence??

« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 04:33:15 AM by Ampdog »
Audio must be the only branch of engineering where lack of basics' knowledge is considered a superior form of wisdom. (Anon)

Offline ron g

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2018, 08:00:17 AM »
Okay then, you have throttled my question even before I could put it.  But just to respectfully comment on that: All quality things on the  market have specs of some sort, including loudspeakers. To repeat what has been said umpteen times before: Stoves give exact sizes and power concuption, cars can be compared on engine power, acceleration and fuel consumption is available ....
It would seem that audio is the only branch of science where such is regarded as unimportant compared to this unknown individual or his HEARING! How else am I and others who cannot journey there to make any comparison COME TO ANY COMCLUSIOMNS?
Apologies if I sound a trite dissatisfied; that I must confess I am. So I respectfully ask some basic questions again: Was any frequency response, of each driver and the resultant drawn? Behavior is there any combined sensitivity rating? What is the rated maximum electronic input power allowed?
Please before you perhaps become irritated, read again that these figures amongs others 'signify' a product's - in this case a loudspeaker -  place in the marketplace. No criticism intended, simply suggestive consideration.  Say e.g. Schalk or myself comes up with the 'greatest amplifier this side of the equator.' No specs because 'they do not matter' (no maximum power, no input sensitivities, no distortion figure or frequency response etc etc.  Like a 'nice car'. No engine torque or maximum power, no acceration, no comparative fuel concumption, no seating capacity or whatever - but some sound .....  Catch the correspondence??

from the facebook page:

Bentley acoustics Fs120
Normal price R12900. Promotional offer only R7990!!
Order now while stocks last!

60W RMS - HIFI speaker. 89db Sens - 40hz to 40000hz
3-way double 6" bass, 5" dedicated mid, 1" dome tweeter
200w x 312D x 1000H - 22kg each

& regarding the bookshelves:

How much this speakers
Manage
Like · Reply · 3d
Bentley Acoustics
Bentley Acoustics R3990

is it just me or have bitcoin people gone a bitquiet because its a bitdown? #bitter

Offline GECO

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2018, 08:04:13 AM »
Aaai Oom Johan. all the usual specs have been listed in one of the posts when requested.
but to be real honest it is a small part of the overall product and no real opinion of its quality or worth can be drawn by looking at that as how it sounds will be your deciding factor if you want to purchase or not.

i can however satisfy some of your scientific mind in assuring you that calibrated testing equipment have been used in the development of these products

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 08:09:13 AM by GECO »

Offline Shonver

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness
    • Elipse (under construction)
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2018, 08:10:38 AM »
I feel I must point this out, because it is pricking in my eye: your brochure appears to be attributing an extra "way" to your respective models. I think it is something that you should fix, because it could be seen as embellishment.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Offline Dreamerm6

• Commercial Member
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2018, 08:32:09 AM »
I feel I must point this out, because it is pricking in my eye: your brochure appears to be attributing an extra "way" to your respective models. I think it is something that you should fix, because it could be seen as embellishment.

Hi Shonver, that is not my brochure. It's an add from audio corporation stores. I have pointed this out to them, don't know why they haven't fixed it yet.

Offline Shonver

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness
    • Elipse (under construction)
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2018, 08:38:29 AM »

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Offline Dreamerm6

• Commercial Member
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2018, 08:40:55 AM »
:(   :(

The specs have been listed on page 1 of the discussion already.
I personally have never bought a car just by reading the specs and then somehow in my mind calculated the driving  experience. I go to the dealer and test drive it then decide. 

Offline fdlsys

• Vinylist
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+86)
  • Do you like life, sweetheart?
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2018, 09:41:59 AM »

I personally have never bought a car just by reading the specs and then somehow in my mind calculated the driving  experience.
:point:
+100

Not to mention the other constantly repeated fallacy that "audio is a branch of science". Really? I always thought it's sole raison d'être was to offer genuine pleasure and enjoyment of listening to music. But hey, there are all sorts. I know there are people that take more pleasure in measuring than listening.
The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry
Come back when you’ve lived a little. Miles Davis

Offline JimGore

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2018, 11:22:00 AM »
Well done for bringing something locally manufactured, well priced and good looking to the market!

I wish you all the best with your new venture - :2thumbs:

Kind regards,
Ian.

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Music lover and involved in industry
    • Airmusic
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2018, 11:27:46 AM »
Well done for bringing something locally manufactured, well priced and good looking to the market!

I wish you all the best with your new venture - :2thumbs:

Kind regards,
Ian.
1+
My sentiment as well. I also think you did well to look at marketing/sales channel etc. In the end, I believe more is needed than a product..even though it might be a superb product at a given price point.