It's only January.......

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User121314

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
and I'm already shaking my head in disbelief.......

Have to laugh at some folks.

Had an online enquiry for executive awards - long service awards.

Person making the enquiry has no idea what could work or be appropriate & no idea as to budget either.....

My staff responding to the enquiry first phones to clarify & then explains what they will do, & thereafter sends this person a link to our online catalogue, and states they've set it to start at the Executive Gifts so the person can browse through the section of the catalogue & see if they like anything, whereafter we will gladly quote.

Here's a screenshot of the landing page when the person follows the link sent to them:

Enquirer responds to please send a quote on all the items.

Staff member is telling me this & I go "Huh? - there are 21 pages of Executive Gifts to choose from". Quoting on every item is a waste of my staff's time.

At which stage I stepped in & phoned & asked the person making the enquiry to please specify which items they want us to quote on - or, even better, for us to set up a meeting to gain more clarity prior to randomly quoting on a multitude of items.

Can we not just quote on all 3 items is what I am asked?

Which is when it dawned on me - they had absolutely no idea that there was more than one page. They had not twigged that the little icons at the bottom of their screen actually served a purpose, like page forward, page back, print, share to facebook etc.

We live & we learn ;)

Not sure if this should go here, or in the Joke of the Day?  :ROFLMAO: