Senheiser HD8 DJ, My alternative choice cans

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

AVForums Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
After going through several pairs of closed back and cheapish ugly headphones and being drastically disappointed, I got fedup decided I wanted something different and changed the budget level. Started looking at what the pro industry use for mastering, DJ and so on. Its Pioneer, AKG, Sony etc etc but I wanted Senheiser if I was going to spend a bit.

The Senheiser HD25 is widely used across many pro environments even though it was not initially designed for professional use. Senheiser has now taken that famous can, and developed the HD6/7/8 range on it.

When these arrived they more than completely superseded my expectations and what I had read in terms of sound isolation, build quality and sound, they come with 2 cables and extras. I have to be careful with the volume and restrain as they will go to 115dB before you get any noticeable distortion, normal listening volume, or ear killer I really love these. I also like the long cables and the choice of hooking the cable into left or right and the cast metal parts. The only downside for me is the headband sits far forward, but one gets used to it.

Latest posts