Schiit service - need help matching power adapters

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seeyou

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
So long story short - ordered a device from Schiit. Finally got it today after major song and dance with Fedex, but that's another matter.

Unpacked, hooked everything up, all looked good until it came to plugging in the power adapter and.. it doesn't fit. I mean the plug on the adapter doesn't fit into the socket on the unit. Tried a little bit of force, nada. No apparent damage.

After some investigation, I am fairly certain they sent me the wrong adapter. Considering it doesn't even fit, clearly nobody went to the trouble to even take 5 seconds out of their day to try it before sending it half way across the world. The specs of the device read:

9VA 6VAC wall-wart

and the plug they sent reads:

OUTPUT: 16Vac 500mA 8.0VA

Am I correct that this is the incorrect power cable? No typos above. I have a number of adapters from various other junk lying around, but none operate at 6V. They all seem to be 9-12V. I don't know much about the electrical aspects of these things - what kind of adapter am I looking for, and how much variance from the official specs is safe?

Latest posts