Denon AVR and Android remote App not working

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myrddhn

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a Denon X1300W AVR and am using the Android remote on my phone and tablet, however, I have the following extremely frustrating problem:

The Android device only detects or finds the AVR literally only once every 20 or 30 program launches.  I can leave it searching for an hour or so, and it may pick it up, at other times it finds it almost immediately.

I have tried enabling all WMM settings on the router.  I have reinstalled the App numerous times.  Cleared the cache over and over.  My tablet seems to be getting a connection slightly more reliably than my phone (tablet is a Samsung Note 10.1 and phone is a Samsung S7 Edge).

Most irritating of all is, if I add the AVR manually by static IP address, I can control the AVR 100% of the time, but with "limited functionality".  For some stupid reason, the most important function to me: the DLNA playlist queue, does not work when using a static IP.  I know this sounds stupid, but honestly, when hardcoding the IP address, I can browse the DLNA sources, through all categories, select a song, and it will simply not play.  No error or feedback - the song goes into the queue as requested, but the player section doesn't show the song as "now playing".

If/when I get lucky to connect to the AVR using the automatically detected device, the exact same song plays from the same queue and DLNA source.

AVR firmware is up to date, wi-fi signal strength is 3 "bars".  Tried 2.4GHz and 5GHz with the Android devices being on the same SSID and different SSID.

Really weird and frustrating,  I hope someone has a simple solution or suggestion.

Thanks!