Author Topic: Can someone please assist?  (Read 703 times)

Offline Arkwright

Can someone please assist?
« on: January 19, 2018, 05:44:04 PM »
I have a Olympus TC1000 microcassette transcriber. It has developed a problem after I changed the main drive belt. Whenever I try to rewind, fast forward or play a cassette, it seems to
'think' that there is no cassette inserted, and just stops. Can anybody pinpoint this problem? I would appreciate any response.

This is a photograph of the actual unit.

Offline thenoizeguy

Re: Can someone please assist?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 12:55:12 PM »
Check if the counter belt is okay. Often there is a sensor that runs off the tape counter or belt that drives it.
Expensive cables come in fancy silk lined wooden boxes to make you feel better about spending a fortune on them.

Offline Arkwright

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 02:01:51 PM »
Check if the counter belt is okay. Often there is a sensor that runs off the tape counter or belt that drives it.

Thank you for your response. I did check that belt, and it is alright. Is there another part I should look at?

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 02:09:58 PM »
The rotation sensor is a hall-effect transistor and needs a magnet to pass by the transistor regularly.  Something has stopped
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Offline Arkwright

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 10:24:47 AM »
The rotation sensor is a hall-effect transistor and needs a magnet to pass by the transistor regularly.  Something has stopped

I will take a look.