Subwoofer installation advice

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lupo

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, some advice please.

I want to install my subwoofer on a platform suspended from the concrete ceiling above the TV. What you see in the picture below is a built in brick av-enclosure that separates the lounge from the TV room. The inside measurements: 2500mm (h) x 1723mm (w) x 520mm (d). I want to move all the av equipment from behind the wall and install them under the TV, in the space currently occupied by the sub.

The best 'out of the way' option for the sub is above the television, problem is I can't get it in that position to audition without going through the schlep and expensive of doing the installation. My concern is, that once it is installed it may sound terrible.

Normally subwoofer placement requires moving the sub around in the listening environment, audition and finally settling in the sweet spot which is not going to work in this situation ....... :angrywife:

cUgPLAn.jpg

Link to image in case it doesn't show https://imgur.com/cUgPLAn

The idea is to have a platform/shelf slightly larger than the sub fixed to the ceiling with 4 square rods. I suspect it is a bit of a guessing game but can this work or will this be a fool's errand?  The DB1 has room correction but I'm not sure to what extend it can correct poor placement.

Please  :help: