Author Topic: Getting post count up  (Read 1675 times)

Offline royj

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • "You only live once"
Re: Getting post count up
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 10:39:28 PM »
A good to get off is by stating your proper location , South Africa is a big country.
" Life is too short for mediocre sound"

Offline TimbaLand

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2018, 02:26:59 AM »
Jan download Decibel X and tell us what that Classe and 894d3 sound like at 100Db. That’s 1 more post
Marantz AV8801|Rotel RC1570, RMB1585 and RMB1565| B&W 804 Diamond, HTM2 Diamond, DB1 and 685|Harman Kardon BDT30|Optoma HD25E projector| Audioquest CV4 speaker cables and Mogami XLR| HP Microserver

Offline Nidri

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Just go ahead and panic.
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2018, 07:31:44 AM »
Tell us who you are:
https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,8.1830.html

Read some of the legendary threads to get the feeling of the forum:
https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/board,26.0.html

Show us your system (the more pics the better):
https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,367.6330.html

Share what music you're currently enjoying:
https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,13032.13335.html

Tell a joke:
https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,1222.5820.html

Give something away that you don't need anymore:
https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/board,28.0.html

Tell us when someone's been nice to you:
https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,55532.0.html

Share an opinion on a hot topic or two:
https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,68746.0.html
https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,68320.0.html

Forget about the whole post count thing. Just get involved. Have some fun.
I can promise you that buying & selling gear is just a small part of what makes this forum great. 
If you fixate on a small thing you miss the big picture.

Offline Maxfly1

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 11:31:00 AM »
If I have offended anyone with starting this thread please accept my apology! I should have included more information, it was not my intent to evoke 'dislikes' and 'bans'.

For all of you that have responded in a positive manner, thank you.

I registered on the forum Feb 2014 and stay in Pta. Self confessed audiophile. Not on here to fixate on selling of stuff, the inverse is true. So here are some pointers:

- I love the forum and visit it daily if at all possible, even when on overseas travels. Very mature and well moderated and truly South African. Better than many forums out there.
- I have started threads and replied with posts, clearly I should have done so more often. Received invaluable assistance from members here. Posting only when I feel I can make a valuable contribution or have a specific query.
- Even invited forum members to my house, Matimba when he wanted to hear my system to decide on purchase of a pre-amp and Santosh to give him a freebie Iphone 4S (2 wks ago). Current live thread where I have offered Neil a freebie DVD player
- Not posted on my system (kit is listed in my profile) for 2 reasons. 1) Not to seem to be boasting 2) not in need of flaming comments on B&W speakers. I know often it is in jest but as they say 'many a truth spoken in jest'. Why people see the need to shoot down other people's kit when everyone supposedly shares the same hobby I could never understand. Anyway this happens on all forums, car forums being especially bad with lots of 'epic fail' statements.
- Been building my system over the last 15 years and the nice thing with upgrading is every time you experience new details and clarity. Up until recently I did upgrading by trading in at a dealer. I have not sold any AV equipment privately for the last 15 years, I now have 1 piece of equipment to sell. So to clarify I am not lurking around the forum for selling purposes! My system is now at the point
- Another reason for infrequent posting is the experience with being the last person to post and it seems as if you killed the thread. Maybe silly but it does happen
- My other interests are flying RC models and some compound bow archery. I built a full size Bushbaby aircraft in the late 90's which I flew for 17 years and sold a year ago, had my PPL for 21 years. Through all the years of varied interests AV and especially stereo Hifi has been a constant passion. Luckily I have a wife that loves music and we spend many hours a week just listening to music - listening to Vangelis -Blade runner sound track as I am typing
- Love many genres of music with the exception of opera and rap. Grew up in a house where classical music featured strongly. I am now 52 and the music interest has not waned a bit
- Bought AV magazine every month, sad it had to be discontinued

Matimba - I was planning on joining the discussion on listening levels. Been using Decibel meter Pro (iOS) for a few years. Will join that shortly

Thank all, Jan
Front B&W 804D3, centre CMC2, surround 685 S1, PV1D sub. Classe CP800 pre-amp, Rotel RMB1585 main amp, Marantz UD7007, Marantz SR6006 AVR

Offline TimbaLand

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2018, 11:39:23 AM »
I understand the rules and 50 posts and how strict the admin is on this. I’m just vouching for Maxfly that he’s a gentleman of the forum. Jas been to his house after he invited me 2 years ago. He has given me lot of advice behind the scenes via PM and WhatsApp what I’m trying to say is that he’s not a fly by night that trying his chance here
Marantz AV8801|Rotel RC1570, RMB1585 and RMB1565| B&W 804 Diamond, HTM2 Diamond, DB1 and 685|Harman Kardon BDT30|Optoma HD25E projector| Audioquest CV4 speaker cables and Mogami XLR| HP Microserver

Offline Maxfly1

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2018, 11:46:30 AM »
Thank you Matimba, greatly appreciated. Glad we are still also in contact behind the scenes.
Front B&W 804D3, centre CMC2, surround 685 S1, PV1D sub. Classe CP800 pre-amp, Rotel RMB1585 main amp, Marantz UD7007, Marantz SR6006 AVR

Offline Curlycat

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2018, 12:00:05 PM »
If I have offended anyone with starting this thread please accept my apology! I should have included more information, it was not my intent to evoke 'dislikes' and 'bans'.

Thank all, Jan

We were just having a bit of fun. You did not offend anyone.
Welcome to the forum  ;)

Offline Agaton Sax

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2018, 12:16:07 PM »
Dear Jan

If your sole purpose in posting is to get your post count up ,my advice with me not to bother:

Chatting on the forum can be nice and even educational ,buying can be fun but selling!

1.Advertise something and immediately you are going to get a rude e-mail (usually from Cape Town) that you are mad ,it is not worth close to what you are asking and you are an idiot or whatever the latest Jeremy Clarksonism is.

2.Someone is almost as immediately going to say he is taking it. 2 Weeks later you are going to  send him an email to politely enquire about the deal that he will either ignore or tell you that it is not what he is looking for or that his dog or pet crocodile typed “I’ll take it” without him knowing about it

3.He is going to shout “dibs” This is almost as puerile as that Grade B trick of grabbing a kid’s just openend ice cream ,licking it and then giving it back to him.

4.Months after buying your ten year old whatever the buyer is going to open it and find a scratch on the inside bottom plate underneath the pcboard and then complain loudly on this same forum.This will be accompanied by a loud chorus from the gallery demanding “name and shame”

5.You are going to sell something through somebody to somebody else but the money needs to come from yet someone else . In the end you’ll be minus a lot of your money,won’t know who the hell to be angry with and end up feeling a lot like a Steinhoff investor.

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2018, 02:06:46 PM »
1.Advertise something and immediately you are going to get a rude e-mail (usually from Cape Town) that you are mad ,it is not worth close to what you are asking and you are an idiot or whatever the latest Jeremy Clarksonism is.

Hmmm... so we need to consider banning the Cape Town guys from the Classifieds section...   :thinking:   :giggle:

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline Dubya Jay Dee

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2018, 02:31:40 PM »
Hmmm... so we need to consider banning the Cape Town guys from the Classifieds section...   :thinking:   :giggle:

-F_D

All lies - Agaton Sax is a Trump supporter. :flame:

Offline Spurge

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2018, 02:38:09 PM »
Leave us Capetonians. Ban Agitation Sax. BTW that is how we get our post count up.

Offline Spurge

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2018, 02:46:11 PM »
Agitation Sax cannot possibly be a Trump supporter. He thinks and acts too much like a Democrat. Mentions some supposed non related facts and appeals to the authorities. But it is all FAKE news about Capetonians.

Offline Moog

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2018, 03:44:16 PM »
Dear Jan

Chatting on the forum can be nice and even educational!

Dibs to that!!!
I was impressed by Hendrix. His attitude was brilliant. Even the way he walked was amazing -

Richie Hugh Blackmore

Offline Rotten Johnny

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2018, 03:52:12 PM »
In the case of Steinhoff there are two parties to blame... Jooste and Steinhoff's auditors. I can't see how it could be described as anything other than audit failure.
I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things -- Tom Waits

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Offline legro

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2018, 05:47:23 PM »
Start a vinyl vs cd, analogue vs digital ( both at the same time, guys will repeat their posts ;D), valve vs solid state, valve vs transistors ( see previous ), cable vs room treatment ( what the heck  :)), subjective vs objective listening thread and post once every 5 pages....

You'll be up to 50 in no time...