Author Topic: About to loose my bananas  (Read 830 times)

Online Juggy

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town
About to loose my bananas
« on: January 12, 2018, 08:01:23 PM »
I'm trying to get ARC working between my Samsung Smart TV with Netflix and my Onkyo AVR but cannot get it working

Has anyone got it up and running?

Cable connected between ARC ports on each device, ARC enabled on each device yet nothing.
| Lounge System | Samsung UA65MU8000 | Onkyo TX-RZ1100 | Tannoy XT 8F | Tannoy XT C | Intel NUC |
| Braai System | Samsung UA40J5300 | Dixon K2250USB | Paradigm Mini Monitor V2 |

Online JonnyP

• AVForums Veteran
  • AVForums Veteran
  • To the centre of the city in the night
Re: About to loose my bananas
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 10:13:02 PM »
Itís Friday night and you are speaking Swahili (luckily not to the porcelain Gods).  Sorry, NFI
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline Larry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 10:17:45 PM »
Need to turn on Anynet+, then ARC works.

With it turned on, it just became a pain in the ass, so moved to fiber to my AVR.

Of course no HD Master Audio stuff then...

Online Juggy

• AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 06:48:49 AM »

With it turned on, it just became a pain in the ass, so moved to fiber to my AVR.

I think that is what I will do, fiber is so much easier.

Thanks
| Lounge System | Samsung UA65MU8000 | Onkyo TX-RZ1100 | Tannoy XT 8F | Tannoy XT C | Intel NUC |
| Braai System | Samsung UA40J5300 | Dixon K2250USB | Paradigm Mini Monitor V2 |

Offline Ju_dy@RT

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+23)
    • Remedytec
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 11:12:46 AM »

I also find ARC a pain... also prefer toslink.
PS:Don't be fooled... Although it's HDMI, ARC is often limited to 2.1!! so in most cases toslink is the better option giving you 5.1.

Offline TimbaLand

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 11:37:31 AM »
I tried ARC a few weeks ago and I failed.
Marantz AV8801|Rotel RC1570, RMB1585 and RMB1565| B&W 804 Diamond, HTM2 Diamond, DB1 and 685|Harman Kardon BDT30|Optoma HD25E projector| Audioquest CV4 speaker cables and Mogami XLR| HP Microserver

Online Juggy

• AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 10:30:58 AM »
I agree

After trying ARC and literally pulling my hair losing audio, video etc through that pesky SmartHub (not so damn smart after all) I couldn't get any of my devices to work properly and thought my AVR was poked

Finally found the "reset smart hub" option in the TV settings which set everything back to normal and all devices started working again

A waste of 3 hours :(

Offline TimbaLand

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 11:04:27 AM »
I agree

After trying ARC and literally pulling my hair losing audio, video etc through that pesky SmartHub (not so damn smart after all) I couldn't get any of my devices to work properly and thought my AVR was poked

Finally found the "reset smart hub" option in the TV settings which set everything back to normal and all devices started working again

A waste of 3 hours :(

That was my experience. It messes up with your avr
Marantz AV8801|Rotel RC1570, RMB1585 and RMB1565| B&W 804 Diamond, HTM2 Diamond, DB1 and 685|Harman Kardon BDT30|Optoma HD25E projector| Audioquest CV4 speaker cables and Mogami XLR| HP Microserver

Online juventino

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 06:23:16 PM »
I use the Arc from Samsung TV to Yamaha AVR and never had any issues.
Been working as it should.
Must be hit and miss with some devices
Time to get back to when I enjoyed listening......no more upgrading, more of a headache than a pleasure

Offline Larry

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 07:16:07 PM »
I use the Arc from Samsung TV to Yamaha AVR and never had any issues.
Been working as it should.
Must be hit and miss with some devices

The problem isnít the Audio Return part, that works fine.  Its the Anynet+ that is a pain in the ass.

If you use a universal remote with macros it just gets in the way the whole time.  If they could do ARC without Anynet+ it would actually be a winner.

Online juventino

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 08:01:48 PM »
The problem isnít the Audio Return part, that works fine.  Its the Anynet+ that is a pain in the ass.

If you use a universal remote with macros it just gets in the way the whole time.  If they could do ARC without Anynet+ it would actually be a winner.

I guess that way it could be any issue.
Time to get back to when I enjoyed listening......no more upgrading, more of a headache than a pleasure

Offline Nitelee

• AVForums Member
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 09:32:11 PM »
I battled with my Samsung to Yamaha ARC connection forever until I changed my setup completely.  I found that all inputs to AVR and then AVR sending the image to the tv didn't work very well.  Once I changed the inputs all to the TV and only sent the sound to the AVR it worked far better.

In saying that I still have days where the AVR refuses to turn on after powering up the tv.

Offline RyanC

• AVForums Member
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 01:56:08 PM »
Lol...ARC is a strange thing!

To power off my Marantz AVR and Samsung tv at the same time, I can use the Samsung TV remote...but to power it on, I have to do them both invidually (even though I have the function turned on on the AVR).