Author Topic: Cartridge recommendation for Technics SL-1210 MKII  (Read 279 times)

Offline Clawdz

Cartridge recommendation for Technics SL-1210 MKII
« on: January 12, 2018, 03:38:47 PM »
Hi all

I just got myself a neat Technics SL1210 MKII for a steal..im looking at getting a decent cart that will combine with the TT.Im using a Marantz SR-7010 AVR as the phono amp,but could look later at getting a decent
phono pre-amp but for now a decent High Output MM or MC will suffice. I've read a bit on the Audio Technica 440MLA/MLB,the Denon DL-110 and theres the Ortofon range but i think i need added weight for these due to the Tone arm.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
Re: Cartridge recommendation for Technics SL-1210 MKII
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 04:38:22 PM »
I run either an AT95E when testing second hand vinyl (very forgiving cart) or a Benz Micro normally which sounds great to my ears.  By most accounts you can’t go wrong with the Denon
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+43)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
Re: Cartridge recommendation for Technics SL-1210 MKII
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 06:28:10 PM »
There are many good ones.  Like speakers they are transducers and the “least perfect” in the chain. 

Meaning they all have a character of sorts.

Music taste and other gear used will be as big an influence on your choice/preference if you were to audition them all.

[Anyone who thinks that wealth is measured in money is blind and narrow minded.  Wealth is obviously measured in turntables and records.]
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za