Author Topic: Tidal/Roon issues  (Read 1026 times)

Offline milesgopal

Tidal/Roon issues
« on: January 10, 2018, 07:36:22 AM »
Anybody having any issues with tidal streaming through roon?
Since last week I can't access my tidal account through roon or audirvana.
Works fine through the tidal app or pc though.
I get the following error - There was un unexpected error, please check your account details. (InvalidRemoteData)

Tidal support seems non-existent

Thanks
some inherit money
others inherit insanity
such is life...........

Offline gavinbirss

Re: Tidal/Roon issues
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 07:45:54 AM »
If paying with PayPal you may have same symptoms as myself.

Payment fails as ZAR is not supported by PayPal and they won't process a unsupported currency. Recall TIDAL has lowered subscriptions to a rand value.

TIDAL have not woken up after numerous tickets...

You may now not have any subscription and quality is normal which could account for phone/pc working. You can not use hifi/premium/MQA quality settings with a normal subscription.

Offline milesgopal

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 07:50:30 AM »
i am paying with paypal
if i log into my profile it does show an active hifi profile
i just can't access it via roon

i have not had a response to my support ticket as well
seems they have active support guys on twitter though
active us eastern time 8am-8pm

gonna try and reach out to them
some inherit money
others inherit insanity
such is life...........

Offline Agaton Sax

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 10:47:55 AM »
I've been battling with Tidal for a month now.I want to pay them,I really do, Paypal tries to pay them, my bank tries to pay them. They have now suspended my account.

It was nice while it lasted but hell CDs are so much easier!

Offline naughty

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 11:18:09 AM »
I've been battling with Tidal for a month now.I want to pay them,I really do, Paypal tries to pay them, my bank tries to pay them. They have now suspended my account.

It was nice while it lasted but hell CDs are so much easier!

actually the subscription services were not really my cup of tea .... none of them, not only Tidal

BUT

having a hard drive with around 4000 to 5000 albums of music that you really like to listen to is even easier than a CD player you dont have to get up to change discs and depending on your playback software you can actually do most of the things the CD player does (and a lot more which is why i sold my CD player)  ;) ... its not hard to rip your discs to FLAC but it may be time consuming and i sat for months ripping my stuff and tagging it as correctly as possible and embedding artwork etc

anyways a buddy of mine who swears by Apple music came to me for advice on streaming subscriptions and i made him sign up for the Tidal free trial - and basically half the stuff we looked for (mostly 80s and 90s music) wasnt available on Tidal but we easily found most of it on Apple music .... so im losing faith in Tidal .... and my buddy wasnt impressed by Tidal ie he wanted to uninstall it straight away and simply stick to Apple Music but i told him to try it out for the free trial period because it wont cost anything and if he is still unhappy with it then just discontinue before they start charging him

Offline Rodney_gold

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 11:56:50 AM »
Does apple stream losslessly?
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch> Trinnov St2 >2x Devialet D premiers>  Vivid audio Giya G1 spirits ..fully treated room

Offline Trompie67

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 12:01:11 PM »
Does apple stream losslessly?

Nope - Streaming is at 256k.
*Insert profound or witty phrase here*

Offline Rodney_gold

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 12:27:31 PM »
Miles have you tried
Restarting the router
Restarting the core
deleting tidal as a service under settings and reinstalling it
downloading the latest roon build and reinstalling and adding tidal
perhaps rolling back to an earlier version of roon (if thats possible)

I am having issues with roon remote on my win8 laptop as it and google chrome wont co exist .. either of them becomes unresponsive and requires a restart.. only happens if both running , if either is only running then no issues..only had the issue since the latest roon update.
Im now using VNC to my core on the server  from my lappy, a pain as there is a little latency in response

I think tidal is amazing .. for a pittance in ronds.. 90% of my listening is tidal .. I have not managed to find one or 2 titles i was looking for on tidal but have found VAST amounts of stuff I would not have experienced if not for Tidal. I did an ABC test a while ago .. tidal , local rip, cd digital out and they all sounded exactly the same sound quality wise.
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch> Trinnov St2 >2x Devialet D premiers>  Vivid audio Giya G1 spirits ..fully treated room

Offline naughty

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 02:17:37 PM »
I think tidal is amazing .. for a pittance in ronds.. 90% of my listening is tidal .. I have not managed to find one or 2 titles i was looking for on tidal but have found VAST amounts of stuff I would not have experienced if not for Tidal. I did an ABC test a while ago .. tidal , local rip, cd digital out and they all sounded exactly the same sound quality wise.

I'm sure - but the thing is they are up-to-date with the newer stuff, and unfortunately our taste does not extend too much to the newer stuff

The other thing with Apple is that you can download the albums so basically you have them even when there are problems with your internet or if it slows down or as my buddy encounters when 4 or 5 people in the household are trying to stream stuff to their own devices over one internet connection - so its always available no matter the state of your internet connectivity especially if you use it to the extent that you start getting throttled toward the end of the month

But yep im pretty sure Tidal caters to many peoples taste .... my buddy and I are not totally in that category .... Personally though i have enough music to last me a lifetime and the only streaming i have to do is between rooms from my home server  ;)

I will still say that when i reach a stage where I want to stop buying CDs then I'm definitely going to look at Tidal

Edit : just realized that i was straying off topic .... apologies for that
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 02:21:38 PM by naughty »

Offline milesgopal

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 07:51:33 PM »
Miles have you tried
Restarting the router
Restarting the core
deleting tidal as a service under settings and reinstalling it
downloading the latest roon build and reinstalling and adding tidal
perhaps rolling back to an earlier version of roon (if thats possible)

I am having issues with roon remote on my win8 laptop as it and google chrome wont co exist .. either of them becomes unresponsive and requires a restart.. only happens if both running , if either is only running then no issues..only had the issue since the latest roon update.
Im now using VNC to my core on the server  from my lappy, a pain as there is a little latency in response

Thanks Rodney
ive re-installed Roon but alas
it just seems to be a tidal account authentication problem

has anybody had any response from tidal support?
I've tried both twitter and email but nothing yet

Ive checked PayPal and my subscription has been debited monthly

Im gonna try changing my payment method to my credit card directly or cancelling my subscription
and resubscribing with my credit card and see if that works

some inherit money
others inherit insanity
such is life...........

Offline gavinbirss

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 08:02:19 PM »
Im gonna try changing my payment method to my credit card directly or cancelling my subscription
and resubscribing with my credit card and see if that works

Think that may just work, let us know.

Offline milesgopal

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 05:29:01 AM »
Its definitely a billing problem
My paypal account shows a debit of 9.99 usd
My tidal profile shows a receipt for R9.99

I've cancelled my subscription
Next debit was scheduled to go off tomorrow

Their support is terrible - I did get a response on twitter asking me to open a support ticket
Both my support tickets have not been answered yet

Im gonna resubscribe with my credit card now
some inherit money
others inherit insanity
such is life...........

Offline Mars67

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 06:17:43 AM »
I'm also having issues with Tidal payments through PayPal. I logged a ticket and two days later when my subscrption was suspended another. They did get back to me three days after the first ticket. Two days later I was jnformed that the second ticket has been merged with the first. I was advised to do the confirmation process on my credit card on Paypal. I am hoping that this resolves the issue. I fail to see why these transactions cannot be processed when I have made so many other purchases online from all over using PayPal.

Offline gavinbirss

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 10:11:06 AM »
I'm also having issues with Tidal payments through PayPal. I logged a ticket and two days later when my subscrption was suspended another. They did get back to me three days after the first ticket. Two days later I was jnformed that the second ticket has been merged with the first. I was advised to do the confirmation process on my credit card on Paypal. I am hoping that this resolves the issue. I fail to see why these transactions cannot be processed when I have made so many other purchases online from all over using PayPal.

You are now billed in ZAR, ZAR is not supported by PayPal.
They can't process a payment for a unsupported currency.

Doing what they ask won't solve the problem.

Offline El Sid

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 10:29:31 AM »
I did mention this on a similar thread - I pay direct from my credit card and have no problem with Tidal. However, i don't use it through Roon or anything else