Author Topic: What is the City of Cape Town doing with the money for water development?  (Read 1650 times)

Online King_Julian_S

Re: What is the City of Cape Town doing with the money for water development?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 08:38:22 PM »
True but if for one moment we think itís the Guptaís thatís captured our state Iím afraid we are very ignorant .. states all over the world is captured as s matter of course by some white collar rich family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Non audiophile music lover...

Offline Jazzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • S.E.T. for life!
The Vinyl Frontier!

Online King_Julian_S

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 08:47:34 PM »
Shoo scary stuff Jazz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Non audiophile music lover...

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 09:32:27 AM »
Many many people are taking care of the problem themselves.  Well off friend in Kenilworth (lives 500m from Skollie) has just spent R130k on 3 x 50 000 litre tanks, 3 sets of filters and demand pumps to replace any mains water he might be using.  His borehole at the moment delivers excellent water, but he had to raise the PH to prevent the water from corroding the pipe couplings

Someone else in Hout Bay has done the same, to a lesser degree

Many of us made a plan when we had fake "load shedding" in 2015, but the water situation is real and the sh1te will hit the fan big time when there is no water coming out the taps
Even duct tape canít fix stupidÖ but it can muffle the sound

Offline xrapidx

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2018, 10:32:17 AM »
Many many people are taking care of the problem themselves.  Well off friend in Kenilworth (lives 500m from Skollie) has just spent R130k on 3 x 50 000 litre tanks, 3 sets of filters and demand pumps to replace any mains water he might be using.  His borehole at the moment delivers excellent water, but he had to raise the PH to prevent the water from corroding the pipe couplings

Someone else in Hout Bay has done the same, to a lesser degree

Many of us made a plan when we had fake "load shedding" in 2015, but the water situation is real and the sh1te will hit the fan big time when there is no water coming out the taps

From what I've read - the city is trying to pass bylaws that won't allow you to use anything other but municipal water in your "drinking water" supply.

I'm going to look at a smaller system in Feb - to do the same at my property from well-point water - its a serious pain in the arse adhering to 87L a day if you live in a fairly large house that requires cleaning.

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2018, 01:17:19 PM »
They can pass by-laws all they like.  Sooner or later the matter will end up in court.  There was a comment last week, attributed to some minister in the Govt that all the underground water, in a similar vein to the mineral deposits, belongs to the state and they can decide who and what has access to it.  Policing this might be another story
Even duct tape canít fix stupidÖ but it can muffle the sound

Offline xrapidx

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2018, 01:19:42 PM »
They probably bet on the common man not having the resources to take on the city.

Offline Jazzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • S.E.T. for life!
The Vinyl Frontier!

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2018, 08:36:22 PM »
I really hope the moron who made the faecesbook post got flamed.  Forced removals and enforced veganism? Sounds like something a certain A. Hitler would have approved of.  By the way, you will have no water in Cape Town in April at the latest so get some desalination and start conserving massively.  Close down the wine farms etc.

Oh, and welcome to Africa!
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline entropyagent

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young to Die!
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2018, 10:48:36 AM »
https://earther.com/this-coastal-megacity-is-running-out-of-water-1821950015

A little external perspective?  It occurs to me that I might actually not succeed in getting my head around the magnitude of the problem.