Author Topic: Seriously- something must be done about posting pictures on this forum  (Read 1590 times)

Online naughty

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
Re: Seriously- something must be done about posting pictures on this forum
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2018, 01:29:34 PM »
My 2c:
I am far more active on other forums because it is so much easier to post pics.

really .... thats a loss to YOU and to no-one else because its not like anyone is forcing you to be here .... you are free to make your own choices and while the admins dont want to say it ... i will .... and its my opinion that ungrateful people should leave their baggage at the door or they are welcome to go to every other site where its easier to post pictures and carry on there 

the guy who is paying for this site does so from his own pocket with no benefit and he isnt even a trader on here so theres absolutely no benefit to him - he continues to pay for the site out of his own pocket personally and once again if im honest if it was me i would have closed the site many years ago and refused to pay for an ungrateful bunch to have a corner of the internet to themselves

bottom line ... you dont want to be here and chose to be elsewhere then its no skin off anybody elses teeth .... because YOU do nothing here besides post here and make use of the place so the only 2c that matters is the one coming from the person who pays for the site hosting .... if he doesnt want to pay anymore for hosting space for pics then IMHO thats good enough for me because im still grateful to be able to speak to people who have similar interests to me without wanting to force someone else to pay for my activities
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 01:33:30 PM by naughty »

Offline Dubya Jay Dee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2018, 01:30:47 PM »
To admin:

Postimage has a free plugin for the forum software that will enable one button uploading - no charges:

https://postimages.org/plugins

Edit - Their upload page shows some non-intrusive ads which is how they probably recover their costs. If it really bothers an ad blocker on user's machine will sort it out.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 01:37:34 PM by JBredene »

Online naughty

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2018, 01:37:34 PM »
To admin:

Postimage has a free plugin for the forum software that will enable one button uploading - no charges:

https://postimages.org/plugins

and do they also give you free server space to then upload these pictures to? - the software is a once off cost but its the additional monthly charges for the hosting space that will add to costs

once again im going to repeat that this cost is currently being borne by one individual who doesnt need to pay this at all since he doesnt make use of the site much himself

its easy to talk when somebody else is paying .... im sure if YOU are willing to take over the expenses then Kay would probably be more open to the idea of hosting expenses going up

Offline Dubya Jay Dee

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2018, 01:38:37 PM »
and do they also give you free server space to then upload these pictures to? - the software is a once off cost but its the additional monthly charges for the hosting space that will add to costs

It's free - ad supported - see my edit above.

Online naughty

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2018, 01:45:21 PM »
It's free - ad supported - see my edit above.

ad supported would make this place into an uspeakable nightmare no matter how non-intrusive they claim it would be .... i think that many are happy with it just as it is now and more would stop coming here because of those ads

besides how much of effort does it really take for you to be able to find your own host if posting pictures is so important to you?

either way if its totally free then maybe admin can look at it because i dont speak for them or Kay but if they do find out that there are additional costs involved then i wont blame them for declining the solution  :nfi:

Offline Dubya Jay Dee

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2018, 01:46:45 PM »
Alternatively there is also a Postimage quick upload app that users can install on their pc:

https://postimages.org/app

Offline Dubya Jay Dee

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2018, 01:48:18 PM »
ad supported would make this place into an uspeakable nightmare no matter how non-intrusive they claim it would be .... i think that many are happy with it just as it is now and more would stop coming here because of those ads

No ads on the forum - just a banner on the Postimage upload page.

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - listen with your ears
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2018, 02:27:28 PM »
Posting one or multiple pictures is so easy

I do singles via https://imgur.com/?  and multiple images via https://postimages.org/

PostImages allows you to choose the layout of multiple pictures
Even duct tape canít fix stupidÖ but it can muffle the sound

Offline Katji

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
    • soundcloud
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2018, 02:29:07 PM »
Naughty +1, thank you!

"Why can we still not post pictures directly to the forum servers?"

Why, what is the point?  One extra step - put it on a free image hosting site and copy-paste the URL!
#SPOTIFYMUSTFALL \\  https://bandcamp.com/kat_ji

Offline Trompie67

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2018, 03:07:03 PM »
Crikey.

4 days into the new year and already the b!tching has begun.

Those moaning - including the OP & others who've been having a snide comment here & there - suggest you either go on, or return to, your holiday.
*Insert profound or witty phrase here*

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - listen with your ears
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2018, 04:51:10 PM »

8 clicks to get and save image

go to Google, images, type in "bitching"
right click to "Save As"
click to Postimages
Click to choose
Click to select and upload
Click for URL for forums
Right click here to paste the URL
Even duct tape canít fix stupidÖ but it can muffle the sound

Offline KenMasters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2018, 04:57:39 PM »

8 clicks to get and save image

go to Google, images, type in "bitching"
right click to "Save As"
click to Postimages
Click to choose
Click to select and upload
Click for URL for forums
Right click here to paste the URL

If the image is online there's no need to "save as", you can skip "Postimages" and just paste directly by copying the image address and pasting it between the brackets provided by the forum image button.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 05:03:48 PM by KenMasters »

Offline Tzs503gp

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • HiFi- trust your ears- eyes lie
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2018, 06:24:00 PM »
@Naughty & @Trompie67

I donít want to post pictures. Iím just tired of clicking on topic after topic, and getting either the photobucket expired placeholder, or blank frames in posts Iím interested in.
No offence to the site owner, and as I said, I enjoy the pros of a small site.
What happens when Postimg decides to go the commercial route. There wonít be a viewable picture on this forum.
So either, you guys learn to type very fast, in order to describe the item you wish to discuss, or we find a way to be autonomous in posting those magical kiloword images.
See what Iím saying?

Offline Larry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2018, 06:32:01 PM »
There is a photobucket fix for Chrome, think itís a sticky somewhere.

Offline Tzs503gp

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • HiFi- trust your ears- eyes lie
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2018, 06:53:06 PM »
Having read through this topic again, Iíd like to point out that I suggested that Commercial members fit the bill. It would seem that R100,00/month from each of them would cover the costs. Still, a small price for the privilege.

While I donít have access to the site stats, Iíd wager that more than half of topics on the forum as it stands, are obsolete, due to the fact that the images which are referenced in the text, are gone. Forget the fact that those topics account for half of the available (free/gratis) server space.

Forgive me, but I gather that this forum is rapidly gentrifying. I understand that technology and itís advances are not at the forefront of concern for many here, who are firmly entrenched in familiarity.
Yet, as stated in my OP, the hurdles to overcome are tiny. We can have a site where pictures are ours, and will be around for the ever dwindling number of newcomers to enjoy, for as long as this site exists.
Isnít that the point?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 06:55:58 PM by Tzs503gp »