The state of affairs... spoiler alert

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Guys, I have a huge issue with the current state of affairs of the lovely country that we live in.  We can remember some of our local friends (Mr Valve included) have met fate... not naturally.  I can be branded as negative but as a person that travels extensively (most so far is 13 countries in a year) and South  Africa is a fantastic natural country.  However, really looking a 'The tipping point' I think South Africa is at the point of no return.  This is not a racistic rant as I believe in all being equal but those who expected a change in their favour realise that they have been duped and now shouting for action.  Let me give a few examples:

1. State of education (even private schools doing just a little bit better (or tries) than government schools) is weak;
2. Number of violent crimes are increasing since the gun-law came in effect;  How many of us have lost close friends or know of people MURDERED without being noted in any papers;
3. Cost of living is not cheap anymore as we have always indicated;
4. Irrespective of vocal pressure, things just happen (Eskom, Toll Roads, etc);
5. The poor is getting poorer.  Money has moved irrespectively to the elected few;

This begs the 'Frog in hot water' issue that is being brandied around often.
We cannot stay 'positive' for the sake of being people seeing the glass half-full.

So the question begging here is, when is the last straw for this camel?

As a tounge in cheek comment, Local holidays are more expensive than going overseas.