Author Topic: Linn Majik subchassis  (Read 361 times)

Offline ASAK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
Linn Majik subchassis
« on: January 03, 2018, 11:00:47 AM »
Does anyone have experience/opinion on the retrofitting of a Majik sub-chassis to an LP12(Cirkus bearing fitted)? Advice please!

Offline Aqualung

• Trader
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • It's all about the music, really...
    • Bokdrolletjies
Re: Linn Majik subchassis
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 07:24:51 PM »
I can't answer this (because I don't know) but it sounds interesting.
Why don't you tell us (if you don't mind) what pieces you've got, what you'd like to do, and why?
What do you hope to achieve? And, even better, upload some pictures?
You might then find many people (some more qualified than others :- (me)) offering advice...  :thumbs:

I love music - analog and digital. Even listening to the Blues makes me happy. During the day I coach and counsel, after hours I indulge in my second passion - listening to vinyl and restoring turntables. Some I keep, some I sell...

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 09:33:12 PM »
I understand it to be different but not better. 

[Anyone who thinks that wealth is measured in money is blind and narrow minded.  Wealth is obviously measured in turntables and records.]
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline ASAK

• AVForums Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 10:22:14 PM »
Thank you Aqualung and Hi Phibian for the replies. I have an LP12 with a cirkus bearing and the glued sub-chassis - ITTOK arm with a DV17D3. The new Majik sub-chassis seems to be a more rigid platform for the arm board. Keel and Kore sub-chassis are too expensive! Price of Majik seems "reasonable" - after Hi-Phibian's comment, I am starting to doubt! Why do  I want to do it - to improve my sound? Hence my investigation. The acid test, of course, to listen to a Majik LP12 with the new sub-chassis and to a Majik LP12 with the old sub-chassis. I do not have pictures - hope this will help - https://www.linn.co.uk/hifi-separates/turntables/sub-chassis#majik

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 10:39:14 PM »
I asked a friend in the UK who fettles lots of Linn.  Reckons there is little in it. 

What power supply do you use?

[Anyone who thinks that wealth is measured in money is blind and narrow minded.  Wealth is obviously measured in turntables and records.]
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline ASAK

• AVForums Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 10:47:22 PM »
Re-capped Valhalla ps.

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
Linn Majik subchassis
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 11:04:38 PM »
Fit a hercules or even a Mose Hercules.  Despite being similar in design it sounds better and allows 45 rpm without adaptor.

I can send you one to try.